No announcement yet.

Myths and lies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone have a link to the original Thaigate and can't find it?
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
      Did anyone have a link to the original Thaigate and can't find it?
      Page 10 on this thread, post number 140 by Delphi.
      Or page 13,post number 183 by Cue crafty​​​​​
      Last edited by itsnoteasy; 24 May 2023, 10:36 PM.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
        Did anyone have a link to the original Thaigate and can't find it?
        Here you go mate. https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/bo...ues/36030-hand
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
          Thank you
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• I just read Thaigate and loves it!

Everything I was suspicious of is true and I expect and take one thing from it all...

The customer is always right and as consumers, free to spend our money how we choose!

That said. I'll never order or buy a new cue again. Strictly old authentic vintage cues for me.

PS
            I have 3 cue orders ongoing
            1. Already paid for and got a deal at
            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
            National Snooker Expo
            25-27 October 2019
            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• I've just read through the whole thread again, I was a fledgling cuemaker then and ten years later I still feel the same although a little bit more experienced. What I got from the thread this time was the ignorance of the cue buying public, the kudos given to UK cuemakers being the best in the world as simply being down to snooker history and culture, the greed comes from that alone, and the defensive malevolence of those who had been unknowingly taken for a ride who needed to sell on their very expensive cheap far eastern cues which when purchased were the best thing since spliced bread.

Some people are cue addicts, there's no other term for it and it's these that the marketing gurus are aiming for, serious players have their cue and play snooker with it, mine is unbadged and worthless to anyone else, I've had it for 40 years now and if I start playing very bady with it then it's purely down to me.
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                I've just read through the whole thread again, I was a fledgling cuemaker then and ten years later I still feel the same although a little bit more experienced. What I got from the thread this time was the ignorance of the cue buying public, the kudos given to UK cuemakers being the best in the world as simply being down to snooker history and culture, the greed comes from that alone, and the defensive malevolence of those who had been unknowingly taken for a ride who needed to sell on their very expensive cheap far eastern cues which when purchased were the best thing since spliced bread.

Some people are cue addicts, there's no other term for it and it's these that the marketing gurus are aiming for, serious players have their cue and play snooker with it, mine is unbadged and worthless to anyone else, I've had it for 40 years now and if I start playing very bady with it then it's purely down to me.
                Yep!

I'm settled in my mind that my unbadged machine spliced vintage cue is all I need!

A month ago I played in an inter- league tournament.

Played first match, was 40 odd points behind and made a 50+ clearance. It felt great!!!

Left my opponent feeling sick because although I was 40 odd points down, I never got a clear chance until the end of the frame.

My point being.
                MY CUE DIDN'T LET ME DOWN..!!!!
                And I didn't let myself down.

----

All I'm gonna do now, is look after my cue. The cue that noone else would want.

​​​​​​But she's mine. She's a keeper!
                ​​​​​
                ​​​
                National Snooker Expo
                25-27 October 2019

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post

Yep!

I'm settled in my mind that my unbadged machine spliced vintage cue is all I need!

A month ago I played in an inter- league tournament.

Played first match, was 40 odd points behind and made a 50+ clearance. It felt great!!!

Left my opponent feeling sick because although I was 40 odd points down, I never got a clear chance until the end of the frame.

My point being.
                  MY CUE DIDN'T LET ME DOWN..!!!!
                  And I didn't let myself down.

----

All I'm gonna do now, is look after my cue. The cue that noone else would want.

​​​​​​But she's mine. She's a keeper!
                  ​​​​​
                  ​​​
                  In answer to your original question, whether a machine spliced cue can be hand spliced over the machine splices, well I've just finished the J. Ashcroft & Co machine spliced cue that I bought a month ago. Yes you can and the result (for me) is a better cue than it was as I've also moved the balance point forward so although it's now a tad lighter at 15.7 oz's to it's original 16 it feels heavier on the bridge hand. I've fitted a buffalo horn ferrule, made it 3/4 of an inch longer, put the original badge back on along with one of my own with my initials and a 'C' for customised, wenge butt with a leopard wood splice on a maple veneer, finished with 6 coats of linseed oil and a top coat of gunstock oil with a final finish of renaissance wax.
                  Cue cost me £75, I think it's now worth double that but who would want a customised vintage maple machine spliced cue with an 11mm tip, pro tapered for the first 12 inches and only 15.7 oz's, 58.75 inches long, 59 including the tip.

http://
                  Last edited by vmax; 11 June 2023, 02:20 PM.
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• That's some awesome work VMax!

Be sure to keep your knowledge to yourself...

To many perpetrators out there nowadays!

For what it's worth. Customisation of cues is the way forward as proof of authentication is easier to prove!!!
                    National Snooker Expo
                    25-27 October 2019

Comment

• Further to this

Customisation is basically the essence of the American Pool Cue building industry.

These guys have a greater understanding of what they build, how to build it and how to recognise themselves within the recognised, respected industry.

This is why they have a Hall of Fame for cue makers and more importantly a recognised association!

Without regret I've spent 1000's on custom made Pool cues of the years, yet find it difficult to part with
                      National Snooker Expo
                      25-27 October 2019

Comment

• Can everyone see Vmaxs pictures? I have a blue box with image not found.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                          Can everyone see Vmaxs pictures? I have a blue box with image not found.
                          same here
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Just blue boxes, same for me.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• I can see them but strangely they're no longer on my imagebb web page . I'll upload again and post them on the 'My Workshop' thread.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                                I can see them but strangely they're no longer on my imagebb web page . I'll upload again and post them on the 'My Workshop' thread.
                                Can't do it, something wrong with the website, will try again tomorow.

Comment

Working...
                                X