Cuephoria - Paul Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuephoria - Paul Wright

Hello, first time poster. Just started playing again after quite a few years. My old cue isn't cutting it (nothing special)

The only shop reasonably local to me to have a play is Cuephoria in Ashford, Kent. Has anyone got feedback on their gear?

I'm not fussy about looks, a plain ebony butt would do but I do prefer a larger tip close to 10mm. Got about £350 if anyone has any recommendations?

you could put a larger tip onto the 10mm ferrule and have a "mushroom" tip
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks Dean, I actually had a 'shroom' tip on my current cue but after a miscue the other day I took a chunk out of the tip and didn't have any spare tips so have reshaped so its flush with the ferrule. Its about 9mm now and I really don't like it. I remembered not liking the smaller tips when I played pool.and snooker before.

Comment

LOL
        That is exactly why I don't do mushroom tips

Have you tried a really old cue? Often they would have larger ferrules; to see if you really do want a large tip

What did you come across that made you not like smaller tips?
        Imparting unwanted side? That is usually down to poor cue delivery or cue/cueball alignment
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Jimmy Shyte View Post
          Hello, first time poster. Just started playing again after quite a few years. My old cue isn't cutting it (nothing special)

The only shop reasonably local to me to have a play is Cuephoria in Ashford, Kent. Has anyone got feedback on their gear?

I'm not fussy about looks, a plain ebony butt would do but I do prefer a larger tip close to 10mm. Got about £350 if anyone has any recommendations?
          One of mine for sale on ebay right now. Listed at £300 but could do a deal on the forum for £250 as then there's no ebay fees. Read the desciption carefully and see if it's something you would like.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266613753608
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I’ve heard good things about Cuephoria in Ashford, Kent, so it's definitely worth checking out their gear. For your budget of £350 and preference for a larger tip close to 10mm, you might find some solid options there.

Comment

Working...
            X