Joe Davis 980 coming up for auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Davis 980 coming up for auction

Hi, thanks for letting me join your site. I have some information which I hope will be of interest. I know of a Joe Davis 980 cue which is coming up for auction in a couple of weeks. I've tried to do some research into this cue but short of a few comments about how rare they are, I have come up with little else. Does anyone know of one which has come onto the market recently, and some idea of the price it made, or a guide price. Happy to post link to the sale for anyone who's interested and might be able to get a couple of pics. Are they really as rare as they seem to be? Thanks in advance chaps.

The Champion Cue 980 break was made in 1924 and Peradon started the cue with this break on the badge (rectangle with sideways black text on white background?); Joe then did a snooker record break of 96 in 1925 and Peradon made a cue with both breaks on the badge.

Joe's next big break was the 2501 in 1927; so your cue was not made for many years, max of 3, possibly only 1. Of course they could have made it for longer to use up the pre-made badges

It is a rare cue, would not say ultra rare, and there are collectors of this cues out there

How to add images to your TSF posts
    You can use a free image-sharing site such as ImgBB, without registering (you can register for free), to upload your images, you may have to do the “not a robot” checks quickly. There are other image sharing sites as well.
    ImgBB.com
    Click on "Start Uploading".
    Browse to the file and select it, click Open.
    Auto delete image - leave as "Don't autodelete".
    Click "Upload".

Change "Embed Codes" to "BBCode full linked".

Hover mouse over the code in the box, a "COPY" will appear, click this.
    Go to your TSF post and paste.
    You can repeat for multiple images in a single post.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
    X