No announcement yet.

Ordering a cue from abroad - thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering a cue from abroad - thoughts?

I am thinking of ordering a cue from Thailand (O’Min).

Has anyone here done this previously? I am slightly concerned about the prospect of buying a cue I have not held previously but I have a low quality ash cue at the moment and feel that ash is what I prefer. I can’t imagine that I wouldn’t like a higher quality one - what do people here think? Too risky?

I think it would definitely be better than your current cue. But you won't know how much better until you've held it and played with it. It's like picking out the biggest piece of corn in a cornfield. You can't see everything, the biggest piece will be the biggest piece until you've found the bigger one. So I suggest that until you have the money to splurge on the most expensive/top quality cues from all over the world, go to some place and try it out and pick out the one that feels best to you for the time being. I heard that Green Baize stocks a wide range of Thai cues(including their own brand, which is semi-Thai afaik) that won't break the bank, I am not in the UK so I don't know where it is. Maybe someone from the forum can give you more information. Just my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
    X