Horace lindrum club cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horace lindrum club cue

I have got hold of a old Horace Lindrum club cue.

​​​​​​However the arrows on the cue seem to be different lengths just wondered if this happened alot ir its some sort if poor replica. Its maple and feels and looks genuine except for the strange arrows.

​​​​​any ideas/advice

I'm thinking by arrows you are talking about the splice finger points maybe?? If so, yes back in those days the machine splice points could be very uneven. Some pictures might help too. Use imgbb. Pic sharing site to post some on here. This sites picture share is no good.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Yes the splice finger points wasnt 100% on what they were called, one in perticuly was shorter then the rest.

Comment

Yeh, in that case it's not uncommon for the points to be an inch or more uneven. Terrible really by today's standards and modern CNC machines but it never bothered anyone in those days and certainly didn't affect the way a cue played so purely aesthetic.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Yeah it feels a nice cue its age, i was just a bit puzzled, thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            Yeh, in that case it's not uncommon for the points to be an inch or more uneven. Terrible really by today's standards and modern CNC machines but it never bothered anyone in those days and certainly didn't affect the way a cue played so purely aesthetic.
            Shaft and butt are finger spliced and glued together while still square and are then tapered which is why the points are all different lengths as one needs to keep the cue straight and some wood will be hand planed or machine cut on a lathe a little bit more on one side than another as the shaping progresses.
            I made my first hand planed cue this way, glued on the butt splices while the shaft was still square and although it was spot on at the start by the time I'd finished and the cue was dead straight the splice points were all different lengths. Now I taper the shaft and get it round first before adding the butt splices but even then one small sweep of the plane to keep it round can take 10mm off the tip of a splice as they are paper thin.

People denigrate Parris cues for this but it doesn't matter at all and in my book a cue with perfect length splices, even though the wood itself is stuck on and clamped by hand, the splices are machine cut and machine finished.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
            X