Expensive vs cheaper cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expensive vs cheaper cues

Is there a benefit to a good cheap cue in terms of less mental pressure on each shot? I.e consciously or subconsciously not trying to prove to yourself (not to others) the cue was worth the money?

I recently picked up a £30 cue and made a 97 break in practice with it. I have more confidence in it now than my more expensive £650 cue. The length is slightly shorter on the cheaper cue, but apart from that I’m wondering the reasons for it apart from the above. I made three 90+ practice breaks with the cheaper cue, so it wasn’t a fluke as per say.

Perhaps the real thing here is there is no real difference between expensive and cheaper cues. And there is less technology possible to be involved in snooker cues than golf clubs for example

I think you have answered your own question within the post. Aesthetic's aside and people who like really good quality cues usually just love the craftsmanship and beauty of the woods etc, the only thing that really matters is how you play with it.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

My back up cue is a machines spliced club cue
      ​​​
      "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
      National Snooker Expo
      25-27 October 2019
      http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Ask ex World Champ Ken Doherty. His cue was under a tenner.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
          Ask ex World Champ Ken Doherty. His cue was under a tenner.
          I'm impressed he's still using that old machine splice cue considering all the ones I'm sure he's been asked to try for free etc. Story I heard was someone left it unwanted in the rack of his local club, he picked it up played a few frames with it and loved it. That was it, a lifelong love ❣️ Lolz 🤣
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
          X