Out of curiousity........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
    Out of curosity, do you change cues a lot? What cue do you use? Do you believe you could spend more money on a cue to make you play better?

I went through a phase of trying out different cues from a few different makers though I'm not one for name dropping. I have used about 10 before I settled on a Parris cue I had about 12 years or so ago. Chopping and changing is not good and I'm so used to that cue now that any other just feels wrong.

As for spending more money, well I'd never spend money based on who made a cue. However if I did need a new cue then the money wouldn't be an object as I'd go somewhere I can try out a few and whatever one I found most suitable I'd pay the price of asking.

Comment

i wouldnt spend that much money until i was playing every other day and in a team etc.

Im wanting a new cue at the moment because i think mine is hindering my game (i've made a thread about it)

I think as long as you like your cue then it doesnt matter what it looks like or what it cost.

Comment

If you consider how many years of enjoyment a quality cue will give i think of it as a good investment.
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Do I have to be a photographer to be allowed having a Leica camera?
          Do I have to be a Pulitzer price winner to write with a Montblanc pen?
          What have I to prove before i am allowed to have a Patek Philippe watch?

I am a bad player playing once or twice a week for three hours desperately trying to get a 30 break.
          But i like to have nice things around me. And to have a cue rack with some nice pieces of craftsmanship in my living room is as nice as an oil painting or a sculpture.
          My playing cue is an about 30 years old cue from Tony Ions. It is not my most expensive but i like it the most for my game...
          I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

Someone else struggling to hit the 30's I thought i was the only one... I've heard os many people on this forum complaining they've only had one 50 or one century... Finally someone as bad as me

Comment

I thought a while if i should state that so frankly. So many talking about their 60, 80 or century breaks...
              Sometimes i am a bit suspicious that those statements could be the same like the size of the biggest fish reported by a fisherman....

Comment

I fish.. I caught one THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS big We can't all be snooker geniuses, and i think it just proves you love the game. Its not about making big breaks, its about enjoying yourself.

Comment

100% agreed.
                  I love the game (most of the time), i like to be at the table sinking into that green world (not the Teletubby green world).
                  And yes, i like all that nice stuff around the game like nicely made cues...

Comment

If I make a 50 I treat myself to a 1/2 pint. A ton = 1 pint.
                    I don't drink much.

=o|

Noel

Comment

I can honestly say i do the same thing... and i'm a tee totaler

Comment

if i ever make a 50 ill eat my own armpits

Comment

I'm holding you to that

Comment

Hey, seems like here is the meeting of the below 50 club.
                            More and more are showing up with the truth...

Comment

I made a 15 today and my cue cost 50 pounds... In march i'm getting a 160 pound cue, so my highest break should be..... carry the one.... square root.... 45 and then buying the case should take my highest break up to 50
                              If only it worked like that

Comment

I tried with a second hand JP Ultimate... Still below 30.
                                Maybe there is a non-linear equation behind it...

Comment

Working...
                                X