Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dominic Dale have a new one in welsh open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominic Dale have a new one in welsh open?

hello, i just saw the match of Dominic Dale VS Liang Wenbo. Then i see Dominic Dale change the new one. However i don't know which brand is he use? if anyone know that, plz leave the msg here! ThANK YOU VERY MUCH!

jp mannock

Comment

Its a Mannock replica made by TW
      Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Burwat Champ View Post
        Its a Mannock replica made by TW
        I was of the belief it was a genuine Mannock which he's had adapted for snooker. I can't see Dominic using a replica, he's into mostly old cues not new ones!

Comment

Then you would be wrong!

The cue is deffo a replica, below is a quote about the cue by another forum member Gloveman who owned the cue.

I too would like to see him win the tournament. I was playing with the cue he's using now up untill november last year but found the flat a little too thin when using the rest so moved on. Great cue though and its now gone full circle as Dom got Trevor White to make it for him a few years back! It wasn't butt jointed and only 16oz so i got Dave Coutt's to crank the weight to 18oz and butt joint it. Now balances at 17 1/2 inches.

You are correct though Dom does prefer older cues I have dealt with him in the past when buying cues for my collection, however Dom has had the same issue as the rest of trying to find an antique cue that plays as well as a modern made one.

Comment

How many times does Dom want to change his cue?!

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo View Post
              How many times does Dom want to change his cue?!
              He usually changes his cue every 3rd frame!!!

Comment

I don't know how he would keep getting used to them, he must be making it difficult for himself.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  I was of the belief it was a genuine Mannock which he's had adapted for snooker. I can't see Dominic using a replica, he's into mostly old cues not new ones!
                  he has used plenty of replicas - including a falkiner made by trevor 2 mannocks and two burwats that i know about. but yes he is into old cues - especially maple rileys.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Terry Griffiths was commentating with Dale during the Carter vs Hamilton game and they got onto the subject of cues and Terry asked what Dale was using this week. He didn't mention it being a Mannock but said it was off Doug Mountjoy! So unless gloveman is Doug I think its fair to say someone is not being very truthful about Dale's cue usage!

So I guess I wasn't that wrong after all, its highly unlikely that Dale would make that up and also I doubt Mountjoy was into cues enough to have had a replica made up. So I think its fair to say on that assumption that its a genuine Mannock that has been altered for snooker.

Comment

Well i can definetly say i am not Doug Mountjoy. I can also definetly say that i stand by my post about Dom's cue. The whole truth, nothing but the truth and swear to almighty god. Is that good enough for you cueman?

Comment

It's a J.P.Mannock repro which I made for him some years back, but, Dominic being Dominic, it was sold on after a brief spell with him (as is everything else).

I have absolutely no idea what Doug has to do with it, and can't say I heard what was said. But, the above is accurate beyond any doubt.

By the way Gloveman, do you know the whereabouts of the Faulkiner cue he had done???

I'm sure you know the one I mean.

Comment

Hi Trev. Maybe Doug provided the donor shaft for the replica Mannock? I think i've seen the Faulkiner replica at Chris Lloyd's but i may be mistaken.
                          Last edited by gloveman; 21 February 2009, 05:05 PM. Reason: mizspelling

Comment

And a very nice cue it is Trevor.

Comment

Originally Posted by gloveman View Post
                              Hi Trev. Maybe Doug provided the donor shaft for the replica Mannock? I think i've seen the Faulkiner replica at Chris Lloyd's but i may be mistaken.
                              I am at Chris Lloyds quite a lot and I think you may be right

Comment

Working...
                              X