Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Valuations

Hi,

I'm currently emailing a few different cue makers and/or sellers. Below is a list of a few I've been offered... Rather than give the price, I'd like you to value you as best as you can. That way, I can see if the prices being offered are fair or not.

All cues are 3/4 jointed, 9.5mm tip, 57" to 58" long, 18 oz. All cues come with case, mini-butt and telescopic extension, even if not shown.

1) BCE Heritage 6 (BCE HER6)

2) Custom made Mastercraft cue

3) Cuepower handmade import (1)

4) Unknow handmade import (2)

What do you think?

Thanks!

What i wuld pay not inc delivery:

1) - 40
    2) - 60 looks like a nice cue
    3) - 40
    4) - 30 looks cheap and nasty

obviously my opinion only but for what its worth i would go for number 2. It just looks like a better cue.
    http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Thanks for your opinion. Do your valuations include the case,mini-butt and extension?

If so, how much would you add to each considering this?

Comment

yeah already inc all accessories.

Comment

Thanks.

In that case it sames the seller is overcharging by 100%... The price he is asking is almost double on every price you listed...

The cues are unused, but I doubt that makes that much of a difference?

Just as I thought I'd found cues within budget "reasonably" priced, and not neccessarily Chinese!

Ah well.

Anybody else have a different opinion? Would everybody agree with Mellow Yellow?

Cheers.

Comment

Yeah dont take my word for it, i didn't reasearch any of the makers, just went by looks.

That is just what i would be willing to pay for each.

What is your budget?

Comment

Was originally £80 for cue, case, mini-butt and extension (At the time even that was the top end of my budget). Since then I've been advised countless times (Seemingly very good advice) that £80 will not get much a cue if the budget needs to get a case, mini-butt and extension too.

One idea suggested is spend the whole budget on a cue and get the other bits at a later date, but in honesty I would not be happy to get a good cue (Relatively speaking) without a case to protect it...

Since then I've been in touch with quite a few people, many of which have been very useful.

My options at the moment are the cheapest craftsman but that would be ~£120... Something low end from Chesworth Cues... One of the above or go for a Chinese cue off of eBay.

I have sent ADR a few emails and it seems that what he is offering is good value for money, but not sure exactly how much it would be including case, mini-butt and extension and if my budget could stretch to include those items.

At the moment it's a bit of a frustration, because I feel that my budget is too much for a Chinese cue (If I'm happy with Chinese I could get one from some sellers for much less), but it seems it is also not enough to get a good cue with the accessories I want... A bit of a no mans land. And after all of this is said and done... Even the budget I am willing to spend I am wondering if it is "overkill" considering how little time (Again, relatively speaking) I've spent on the table.

I'll of course, continue to look... Wont email that seller asking for one of his cues half-price as I wouldn't want to offend, so I guess it's more time spent searching, emailing and hopefully finding one.

I'd still be interested in hearing others opinions of the above cues. Again, does everybody agree with Mellow Yellow?

Cheers

Comment

What I'd pay:

1. 85
                2. 120
                3. 80
                4. 70
                Price only, not including delivery. Are the cases 2nd hand too? Because if the cases are new, then you could add 10-20 pounds per cue.

I'd take no. 2, as a Mastercraft is a better cue than the others. Cue + case + mini-butt + extending extension is a good deal.
                Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Just seen the above posts, could you let us know how much the seller is looking for?
                  Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

As far as I am aware (I would need to confirm but don't want to contact the seller without cause to ensure I don't "bug" him!) everything would be new.

That is, new cue, case, mini-butt and extension.

I notice on some pics he has sent some cases are in better condition than others which concerns me BUT if I was to buy one of these I would ask the seller if I could collect in person. This would allow me to also check the cues before purchase.

As it goes, my personal favourite is number 2... I think it looks lovely... However, not that I dont trust the seller, is there a way to check if the cue really is Mastercraft without a badge on the cue?

Cheers.

Comment

With a budget of 80 i would speak to craftsman about the victor plain ebony cue and rexine case.

Good cue for the money and you can add accessories as you go, upgrade the case at a later date? then when you feel it warrants it in the future save up and spend a bit more on a more expensive cue.

Comment

I was originally wary of giving too many details because I was "scared" it if was really such a good deal other people might find a way to contact him before I did. On the other hand I was scared to just buy without advise incase I was being made to pay too much (As it seems Mellow Yellow would suggest [Again, I know he said not to take his word on it ]).

The seller has stated:

1) Didn't ask for price as I didn't want BCE, though the seller advises this is one of the better BCE
                        2) £120
                        3) £75
                        4) £50

I do not know whether these prices include delivery or not but as before, I'd like to drive to collect so that I can look first.

Comment

You'd have to contact Mastercraft, only they would know. What sort of prices is he looking for?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
                            With a budget of 80 i would speak to craftsman about the victor plain ebony cue and rexine case.

Good cue for the money and you can add accessories as you go, upgrade the case at a later date? then when you feel it warrants it in the future save up and spend a bit more on a more expensive cue.
                            Thanks for the advise This does seem to be a compromise well worth considering.

Comment

Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
                              You'd have to contact Mastercraft, only they would know. What sort of prices is he looking for?
                              See above. This thread is moving very fast (I'm pleased! ).

Comment

Working...
                              X