Cue Valuations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go for no. 2 at £120, it's a good deal.
    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Who is the seller, by the way? If we know who it is, we might be able to tell you if he's trustworthy or not?
      Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Keith,

PM'd you some details... Would like to hear more from you.

Anybody else any opinion of value?

Cheers.

Comment

Got it. Now, I've got to go and pick the kids up for school and miss the Ali - Shaun match! Drat!

Comment

Back at you; Though no doubt you're now picking up your children

Hopefully you'll be able to get a reply over when you have a moment, so I can continue with my enquiries... Thanks!

Comment

i would only buy the second one! - i imagine they are about £150 from mastercraft.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

the cue power cue no.3 used to sell on ebay last year for around £40-£50

Comment

this:
                  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=110351994625

or this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250376023260

could be worth a punt?
                  http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

I suggest number 2 also. I dont think the price is too bad if it really comes with case and extensions.

Mellow yellow that top link the fibreglass case alone is worth more than the current price... Though I'm slightly confused as to why the seller bought a 1 piece case for a 3/4 cue??? If it wasn't a 1 piece i might have had a punt just for the case.
                    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
                      What I'd pay:

1. 85
                      2. 120
                      3. 80
                      4. 70
                      Price only, not including delivery. Are the cases 2nd hand too? Because if the cases are new, then you could add 10-20 pounds per cue.

I'd take no. 2, as a Mastercraft is a better cue than the others. Cue + case + mini-butt + extending extension is a good deal.
                      would you really pay £85 pounds for a bce sprayed butt cue are you out of your mind i wouldnt pay over 30.

Comment

I'd have to agree with above. I would say
                        1. 40 just because the case looks good
                        2. try offering him 100 see if he takes it
                        3. prob about 70 but this is based on looks as i know nothing of this
                        4. 60-65 good looking case but the mini butt looks like one of the aluminium ones you get on the cheap ebay cues to me. Could be wrong though

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                          I suggest number 2 also. I dont think the price is too bad if it really comes with case and extensions.

Mellow yellow that top link the fibreglass case alone is worth more than the current price... Though I'm slightly confused as to why the seller bought a 1 piece case for a 3/4 cue??? If it wasn't a 1 piece i might have had a punt just for the case.

my max bid was 40.01 like you say, pays for the case and sell the cue on!

can't afford to go higher, thought i'd pass on the link so someone else may get a bargain.
                          http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

I have a table in my basement and purchased the last one shown, about a year ago. I had wanted to get something for my guests to use. When it arrived the shaft was warped and the seller replaced the cue. I did lose out because I had to pay shipping twice. I could have raised a fuss, but figured I didn’t have much invested, so it wasn’t worth the hassle. The chevrons on the shaft can all be felt as the cue runs through your hand. At some point I will sand the high spots down.

I would suggest to stick to one of your local dealers, looking for a second hand cue.

Mike

Comment

I really want one of those cases but id need a 3/4 one. Does that person have any sense? They bought a 1 piece case for a 3/4 cue (a stupidly expensive one at that), replaced the cue and sold the case? i would have at least kept the case (my new cue would have been 1 piece to actually suit)
                              I went on the website for that case and the 3/4 version is actually 10 pounds cheaper so i would assume they didn't know the difference.
                              Last edited by RGCirencester; 20 February 2009, 05:01 PM.

Comment

the mastercraft is worth £120 all day. stay away from the others though ver nasty.
                                Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Working...
                                X