No announcement yet.

Cue Valuations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

burwat champs right stay away from the others you will only end up buying twice and costing you more money there crap.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
      would you really pay £85 pounds for a bce sprayed butt cue are you out of your mind i wouldnt pay over 30.
      Yeah, but it's one of the Heritage series, new, with a case worth about £35-£40 + mini-butt + extension, so I figure that if you offer what you suggest you get 2 fingers shoved up at you!

For all of the cues it's the same thing! I have to admit that no.'s 3 & 4 I've never heard of, so it was much more of a guess.

The Mastercraft is a really good deal, though. The only one worth a look.
      Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Hey keith. You can walk into jjb and get a riley with extension and aluminium case for 50 pounds. admittedly the case wouldnt be of the same quality but i would think the cue would be just as bad (i mean good ). I think any more than about 50 isn't worth it.

Go for the mastercraft. I dont see the harm in a cheeky 100 offer first tho!
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
          Hey keith. You can walk into jjb and get a riley with extension and aluminium case for 50 pounds. admittedly the case wouldnt be of the same quality but i would think the cue would be just as bad (i mean good ). I think any more than about 50 isn't worth it.

Go for the mastercraft. I dont see the harm in a cheeky 100 offer first tho!
          Hey Rob, how's tricks? Lavachild and I've been talking about this too, so I think he knows what's going on. Don't be surprised if he comes back with some good news, that is, if the cue's OK. Given the seller he'll be alright, though.
          Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

cue no.4 is a jx cue which is chinese made and is just painted, my father has one and its not very well made

Comment

Originally Posted by korn_its_on1 View Post
              cue no.4 is a jx cue which is chinese made and is just painted, my father has one and its not very well made
              Thanks for that, I've never seen one before.

Comment

I said it looked like the cheap ebay ones from the extensions. They're aluminium and painted black. Didn't know which one though. I thought JX cues were spliced (just badly)?
                sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                  I said it looked like the cheap ebay ones from the extensions. They're aluminium and painted black. Didn't know which one though. I thought JX cues were spliced (just badly)?
                  ive seen some jx cues and the ones ive seen were (badly) spliced not painted

Comment

Time for an update

Went to visit the seller today, which was an overall positive experience and concluded with me taking a new cue home with a great big smile on my face!

The seller was very honest with a clear and genuine interest in cues and snooker generally... Even his son had his own (Amazing) custom cue (Why didn't I get into snooker at that age?!)...

Spent quite a long time discussing all aspects of snooker from chalk and tips down to cue and cases... Including some advise about how best to hold the cue, etc.

I ended up walking away with cue number 2 in my first post... Managed to handle all of the cues and what struck me was the difference between the foreign cues and handmade English ones... I now finally understand why people recommend avoiding the Chinese cues if funds allow...

This meant I went home on a very happy note rather than worrying that I was over my budget... Something which would have definitely not have happened had I bought off of the internet - Because its not until I handled the various cues that I noticed that each has such a different feel, considering its "just a piece of wood".

Now I have a nice new cue, and nice new leather-effect case and can forget about worrying over them anymore... Now I can focus on my game!

Only problem? I don't think I'll be able to blame the cue anymore .

Comment

Originally Posted by korn_its_on1 View Post
                      That's correct. The seller was aware of my budget and had therefore showed me cues both under and over my budget.

Something I certainly appreciated consider my budget appeared to be at a real pivot point - Too much for a Chinese cue but too little for a nice English handmade cue.

After having seen the quality of the imports compared to the English cues, I had very little concern when deciding whether to up the budget a little.

I'm happy!

Comment

Working...
                      X