Whats the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the

best way for taking decent pics of a snooker cue ?
    I am wanting to post some pics of my collection but i cand seem to get any decent photos of them !

can anyone help ?
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Buy an expensive camera? Take photography lessons, Use a flashgun with diffuser, i would be more help but i havent got my cue yet... I will experiment in march if you can wait that long
    I would think direct flash is bad as the surface tends to be shiny as it is oiled/waxed. What kind of information are you looking for? If you are already an acomplishesd photographer with a good camera then the answer will likely be different to if you just have a small digital camera.
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Thanks m8..defo not an expert thats for sure just got a 150 quid kodak camera but it has got all the bells and whistles on it...just wondering what to put my cues on when taking a pic of it ? seen some nice pics of cues for sale on ebay and i just thought i could do the same with my collection and post them on the forum..

Comment

Most people sem to use a snooker table in the pics ive seen. Id personally just use a sheet or something that complements the particular cue.

Comment

i would say take them to your local table turn the flash off and the brighness of the lights would be enough to get a pretty good pic
          http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

its a nightmare !! - try using sunlight where possible
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

If your going to use a flash you want to diffuse it as much as possible. You can buy specialty items for this but you could experiment with a large sheet of tracing paper or something, if you hold a sheet of tracing paper about an inch or so from the flash it should diffuse the light enough to stop glare. These types of things take a lot of experimentation though!

Comment

Thanks guys.....yeh adr its a nightmare alright !
                Maybe try outside in the morning...if its dry,,,lol i forgot i live in scotland and its never dry !

Comment

lol move to the other coast its not usually wet - but its also not usually sunny!

Comment

Sunlight is a good idea. Though it's almost always too bright. Especially for
                    shiny surfaces.

To diffuse the sunlight hang a bed sheet onto a clothesline so the sun will
                    shine through onto the cue behind it. That should work great.

EDIT: The sheet should be white, of course. Otherwise you'll get a nasty
                    tint on the pictures.

And: Use the same background for all your cues. Just for consistency in
                    the pictures.

Comment

Originally Posted by mooneyy View Post
                      Sunlight is a good idea. Though it's almost always too bright. Especially for
                      shiny surfaces.

To diffuse the sunlight hang a bed sheet onto a clothesline so the sun will
                      shine through onto the cue behind it. That should work great.
                      have you ever been to scotland?

Comment

You don't have sheets?

Comment

Only tartan ones

Comment

Originally Posted by checkSide View Post
                            You don't have sheets?
                            no - you would be in the dark if you tried to block the sun with a sheet!

Comment

No, I haven't been to scotland yet unfortunately.

If the sun is so weak take something thinner than a bed sheet.
                              The tracing paper someone mentioned or whatever...

cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X