Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to keep ferrule shiny?

I always see the pro cues on tv having a very nice shiny
    ferrule. But my own brass ferrule is always tarnished.
    I am using very fine sandpaper to remove the tarnish
    film. Is there another way to keep it shiny?

Best regards,
    Sven

0000 grade wire wool, use it in one direction only

Comment

get some 2000 grit sand paper its virtualy smooth its what they use for finnishing spray jobs on cars . just give it a quick run round your ferrull it wont even mark it .

Comment

Use wire wool best there is :snooker:
        Welsh Is Best

Comment

I never touch me ferrule with anything and its always shiny. I don't understand it really but it wouldn't bother me if it wasn't.

Comment

Shiny ferrules are all about presentation. It's doesn't make you play better but it makes you feel ready for the job in hand.

You can tell a lot about a player who takes a a bit of pride in his or her presentation.

I would never enter a competition with a tarnished ferrule, likewise i would never play in one with dirty shoes or a creased shirt.

I use a nail buffing board to polish my ferrule. They are the kind of things that ladies use to manacure their nails and make em shiny. They have three grades of extremely mild abrasive on them and are good for a developing a brushed finish all the way through to a mirror finish if requires. Easy to hold and you can rest them on your finger to prevent touching the wood of your cue.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-WAY-NAIL-BUF...1%7C240%3A1318
            Live for the day you're in, tomorrow is just something that may happen

Comment

Liberon 'ultra fine' steel wool.

It's the finest wire wool on the market and does wonders with ferrules.

Comment

Working...
              X