Advice on getting new cue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on getting new cue!

Hi all, new here and need some directions in where to buy a new cue!

I'm from Chester and was wondering where ppl recommend for gettin a cue? budget will be around £300-500 when i do get round to getting one.

would like a custom one obviously since i love playin snooker and cue would last for ages really so it is actually worth investing in regardless of how many i get from ppl when they hear the price! lol

i'm about 5'7" - 5'8" haven't measured my arm length yet

where are mike wooldridge and trevor white from? as i would prefer to go speak to someone about the cue etc and collect the cue instead of delivery

i had a quote from john parris a while back and it was just under £400 for just the base model

wot do ppl suggest?

thanks
    Hung
    :snooker:

Hungy. You can get almost any cue for that money. Certainly an amazing cue custom made to your exact specifications.

Check out the Hunt and Osbourne site. (Google it)

Or go to handmadecues.com. (Mike Wooldridge)

Or message trevs1 on here when you have 10 posts. (Trevor White)

Any of these will build you an amazing cue for your budget. You will not be disappointed.
    Last edited by checkSide; 25 February 2009, 11:56 PM.

Comment

oh, are cue wizard any good?

Comment

Originally Posted by checkSide View Post
        Hung. You can get almosst any cue for that money. Certainly an amazing custom made to your exact specifications.

Check out the Hunt amd Osbourne site. (google them)

Or go to handmadecues.com. (Mike Wooldridge)

Or message trevs1 on here when you have 10 posts. (Trevor White)

Any of these will build you an amazing cue for your budget.
        any of these local-ish to me tho?

Comment

I'd suggest Tony Wilshaw in Stoke-On-Trent or Tony Glover in Moira. Both'll make you a superb custom cue and you can visit them to discuss your needs in person, see their premises and collect upon completion. £300-£500 will get you something really nice as their basic models are around £275.

Trevor and Mike don't like customers coming round to collect, that's why I'd not bother if it's that important to you. Mike does all his business by email whereas Trevor'll be happy to speak to you, but does work a lot by mail, too.
          Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Originally Posted by hungy View Post
            No, but don't worry about it.

You can drive anywhere if you are paying 500 quid for a cue.

Comment

No, they're not.
              Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

well maybe not quite £500

how do i get in touch with the two tony's from stoke-on-trent?

any websites, contacts?

btw, anyone fancy a game round chester? lol

oh, any got any practice tips?

Comment

oh, any got any practice tips?
                  Hungy take a look in the coaching forum.

There is LOADS of useful info covering EVERYTHING. lol

Comment

They've both got websites: TW cues for Tony W. Glover cues for Tony G. Although Tony G's is under construction at the mo. 01782 826771 for Tony Wilshaw and 01823 550551 for Tony Glover. I think Tony W. is closer to you but both'll make you what you want.

Comment

tbh if you prepared to travel id look no further than dave coutts in lincoln he's made some of the nicest cues iv'e ever seen, theres only one slight problem though you will have to wait 5 months for a cue. but if your prepared to wait he's definitely the one id recommend!

Comment

You can also visit Dave's premises which I gather is important to you and he's a really nice guy who prefers the 'phone to emails!

As they're all "relatively" local, I'd give them a 'phone first, ask about lead times, prices and designs etc and see which one you "click" with. It's important too.

Comment

where can i try different spec of cues? i wanna buy a new cue but i would like to try different specs before i commit to a specific weight/length so i kno more or less if i should have short/long and light/heavy. but how can try different specs tho?

Comment

You'll have to go to a shop where they've got a decent selection of cues to look at and try out for this. I reckon you'd be better going to Tony Wilshaw's as he's got a shop where there's normally a selection of cues to look at. Try phoning first and ask if they've got a good selection in and then go down and try; if Tony's in, I'm sure you'll be able to benefit from his advice as to sizes and weights, and, who knows, perhaps you'll find THE ONE amongst his stock cues!

Good luck!
                            Keith

Comment

icic, might give TW a ring when i'm ready to buy one!

o yer, where do ppl recommend buyin snooker balls? ebay? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X