Aeon Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeon Cue

Hey i am thinking of selling my old cue and not really sure how much its worth, it is an aeon 2 piece ash cue in very good condition. can anyone help?

PM ADR147, he'll be able to value it!

greetz

Comment

There's been two on eBay recently -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEON-SNOOKER-CUE_W0QQitemZ170290790989QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Spo rtingGoods_SnookerPool_RL?hash=item170290790989&_t rksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1298|66%3A2|65%3 A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

No bids on this one though -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aeon-Snooker-Cue-Made-in-England_W0QQitemZ330308380604QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _SportingGoods_SnookerPool_RL?hash=item33030838060 4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688|66%3A2| 65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318
      Last edited by fredkite; 27 February 2009, 05:27 PM.
      #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Sold my Aeon cue recently.
        1st try on ebay was 41 GBP and a non paying bidder.
        2nd try was 50 GBP.

There seems to be not much interest in that brand.
        I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

aeon cue

the cue i have was actually given as a present to my friends auntie, scottish womens golf professional Dale Reid by Stephen Hendry at some charity event, I posted a message on Hendrys website but got no reply! Its just trying to get proof because no-one will believe it!

Comment

Is it a 1/2 or 3/4 cue? I may be interested but would require more precision and if possible photos

Comment

I use an aeon cue myself and was put onto them by Mick Price(the ex pro that Ronnie had the fastest 147 against). They won the best hand made cues in Britain five years on the bounce, although I don't know whether yours is machine spliced.

In fact, when I was in their factory in Coventry one of the master cue makers was attaching Hunt and O Byrne face-plates on the butts of Aeon made cues, so there are an awful lot of people out there with cues made by Aeon who think otherwise! Reminded me of my mate who worked for Philips and whose electrics were inside all Bang & Olufsen products.
              I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

irnitt99.. Since is an old cue that serve you for quite long why don't keep it as an collection. Old Aeon cues are made from good woods/material.
                Not worth if the resell value is too low.

Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by sheratan View Post
                  Is it a 1/2 or 3/4 cue? I may be interested but would require more precision and if possible photos
                  Sheratan...Look for pool junkie and unclevit.
                  They have good deals for cues. You could try some Omin & Uncle Thai cues from Unclevit.

Comment

Originally Posted by magicman View Post
                    I use an aeon cue myself and was put onto them by Mick Price(the ex pro that Ronnie had the fastest 147 against). They won the best hand made cues in Britain five years on the bounce, although I don't know whether yours is machine spliced.

In fact, when I was in their factory in Coventry one of the master cue makers was attaching Hunt and O Byrne face-plates on the butts of Aeon made cues, so there are an awful lot of people out there with cues made by Aeon who think otherwise! Reminded me of my mate who worked for Philips and whose electrics were inside all Bang & Olufsen products.
                    Correct, I know the machined H&O'b cues were Aeon, not so sure about the handmade though.

Comment

Looking to buy a pool cue aeon 3 / 4, preferably a pro butt if someone sells one. Thank you contact me my email address is: seblaur@hotmail.com

Comment

At one stage all hunt & o'byrne cues apart from the black plates were made by aeon and then badged up in london.

Comment

Originally Posted by gloveman View Post
                          At one stage all hunt & o'byrne cues apart from the black plates were made by aeon and then badged up in london.
                          Amazing. The older ones I had were black plates, I was reading a thread on azbilliards about what does and what does not constitute cuemaker misdirection only this afternoon.

Comment

Aeon made a mixed range of cues & the build quality varied alot.......some cheap machine spliced right upto some really nice top end hand spliced cues as good as anything i've seen, plus everything in between, including a pro butt range.

To reflect this they also had different badges for each range........the top end stuff had the spirolock joints usually, Robin Cook also offers these on his cues still today, some Aeons even had screw in weights to alter the cue which was a nice option.

If you can get hold of a top end Aeon cue it will be a good buy, but most people hang on to them, as there great playing cues & no doubt future collectors items since Aeon have ceased trading.

Thing with Aeon is they were really popular in the Midlands as made in Coventry, but not as well known outside the Midlands area, only after they stopped trading did many people realise how good some of the cues were which was a shame.........
                            Last edited by CueAntW147; 9 January 2010, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I agree- my aeon special is still my back up cue. 3/4 cue looking very similar to a parris exclusive with a brass front splice. Aeon special, owners name engraved and numbered. It has a butt joint but only originaly for the added weights as mini- butts were not invented then! Crazy i know- it's only 17 years old. I had to have the butt joint levelled cos when using the extension it didn't go in straight Great cue.

Comment

Working...
                              X