Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cue design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought one robin cook cue for snooker and I am amazed with it.I am now buying a new robin cook cue which I will use for pool. But I am not sure about design. Any suggestion or examples?
    You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
    BTW vucko means wolfie

How about pink shaft, with bright yellow butt and a green splice?

Sorry did you want sensible suggestions

OK... How about ebony butt with 4 tulip splices with/without a thin white veneer? Looks good either way.
    Any clues as to what you prefer? Do you prefer simple designs or multiple splices? And do you like burr woods etc.
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
      How about pink shaft, with bright yellow butt and a green splice?
      that sounds perfect thank you...
      I like nice looking high quality cue . nothing specific... Tulip wood? I will think about it thanks
      I am just sure that I want ebony butt,ash shaft...
      Last edited by vucko117; 7 March 2009, 08:13 PM.
      BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Here are my 2 favorites:

1. Dark Thuya burr with thick maple veneer

2. Bright Pink ivory

Dont go for Australian burr woods with yellow and blue veneers
        Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

i love the first pic, i hope that the thuya splice in my cue looks like that

Comment

This is the design my cue will have. :snooker:
            Attached Files

Comment

This is the design my cue will have. :snooker:
              This is how my JP PARAGON looks like - Just as JP ELITE. yep, its nice
              Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

thats a nice design to have, what about the tulipwood mibutt?

Comment

Yeh that is a JP. But i like tulipwood. I'm waiting for keith to come online and tell you to get cocobolo
                  Yeh i'm getting the matching mini butt as well. It was required

Comment

Yeh that is a JP. But i like tulipwood. I'm waiting for keith to come online and tell you to get cocobolo
                    Yeh i'm getting the matching mini butt as well. It was required
                    will you settle for me telling you to get Amboyna burl?

Comment

I dont like burl woods that much. Some look quite good, but i prefer tulip.

Going through my collection of pics from when i was researching my cue, i found this one, which i like quite a lot.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I dont like burl woods that much. Some look quite good, but i prefer tulip.

Going through my collection of pics from when i was researching my cue, i found this one, which i like quite a lot.
                        that is a beautiful cue. What are the woods used in that one
                        BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

I'd say I'm quite a fan of ebony with a single tulipwood front splice tipped with maple veneers, but then I guess I'm a little biased

Okay okay, so it's my cue but still, each time I look at it, I think it looks even more elegant

Comment

Originally Posted by vucko117 View Post
                            that is a beautiful cue. What are the woods used in that one
                            Cocobolo butt, with maple, ebony, maple veneers and a cocobolo front splice!!! I'd never seen that one of Trev's before, it's beautiful! Of course, it's cocobolo! See, I didn't have to come online and suggest it, Rob did it for me!
                            Ta, Rob.
                            Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Thought youd like that one keith p.s. lava is the ebony splice invisible to your eyes Your cue isnt just tulip

Comment

Working...
                              X