Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cue design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can someone tell me is olivewood splice expensive? does anyone now the price
    You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
    BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

you should ask trevor or mike wooldridge.

Comment

Originally Posted by vucko117 View Post
        can someone tell me is olivewood splice expensive? does anyone now the price
        Olivewood is an exotic wood, and therefore expensive to buy, but it's not one of the most expensive exotic woods. Each cuemaker will charge a different price for a single front splice in olivewood, not necessarily because they have different suppliers, but because they price differently. So, the best way to know how much one will cost is to ask the cuemaker you have chosen to make your cue.

Concerning the earlier question about the type of cue you should use for pool, the answer "personal preference" is the best one. You already use a 3/4 cue for snooker, no? In that case, a 3/4 cue for pool should be a good idea. This way you're playing with a style of cue you're already familiar with. :snooker:
        Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

I like the looks of olivewood... so elegant
          Just ordered mine.
          PARRIS ULTIMATE.

Hand spliced ebony butt with four secondary splices of olivewood with white and purple veneers,and a single facing of ebony with white and purple veneers.
          (Like the superior cue with a single facing of ebony with white and purple veneers)

Ash shaft
          Length- 142cm---56 inches
          Tip size- 10mm
          Butt diameter - 30mm
          1piece Cue
          Weight- 19.5 ounces
          SD joint

Comment

well that one is going to be a beauty
            BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

well that one is going to be a beauty
              Will post pics when ready.Maybe in 4-5 months
              :snooker::snooker:

Comment

that is tooooooooooooooooo long I hope that it is going to be a perfect cue... Because that is too much time if you are not 100% happy with it.
                BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Hi Vucko, still waiting for my Robin Cook cue.

What kind of pool is it for, American style 9ball/8ball or UK pool? What specs are you thinking of?
                  Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Hi eaoin,
                    this cue is going to be for American style pool. I will take same specs as for my snooker cue. jointed at 16" spiroloc joint,58" length,20 oz,ash shaft,ebony butt.
                    I am thinking to get Olivewood splice and I will take 12mm tip.
                    BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Sounds great, I haven't tried ash for american style pool, but I think a lot of players use it in the UK. Let me know how it plays, I might try it too.

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                        Sounds great, I haven't tried ash for american style pool, but I think a lot of players use it in the UK. Let me know how it plays, I might try it too.
                        Robin's made ash US pool cues for Mark Gray, pro player in Europe, and Karen Corr, lady pro player in the US, and they both love them.
                        Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

I should've remembered that, visited Robin's site countless times since ordering mine. On week 5 now, 5-7 to go...

Comment

Counting the days, are we? Lol

Comment

I am going to take cue with olivewood splices.... and red veneers...
                              BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

That sounds very nice, vucko117. How many splices? 1, 2 or 4?

Comment

Working...
                                X