Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cue design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't know i never saw cue with two splices is it nice?
    You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
    BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

what do you think is there any difference in the feel if I take cocobolo butt instead of ebony?
      BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

what do you think about this design? ash shaft,cocobolo butt and 4 Olive wood splices with red veneers?
        BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

I've never been a fan of olivewood so cannot comment on that bit, but the cocobolo butt is a good choice in my opinion. You get something a bit different, and it looks great
          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

and what about bocote splices?
            BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Originally Posted by vucko117 View Post
              i don't know i never saw cue with two splices is it nice?
              Yes, there are 2 ways of doing it; 2 front veneers or one front and one back veneer. The 1st is very traditional.

what do you think is there any difference in the feel if I take cocobolo butt instead of ebony?
              Honestly, none at all, but it will look fantastic!

what do you think about this design? ash shaft,cocobolo butt and 4 Olive wood splices with red veneers?
              It's not my taste and the red veneers wouldn't show up against the cocobolo, I think. I think it'd look better with an ebony butt.

and what about bocote splices?
              Instead of olive? You'd have the same problem with the veneers.

I think that a cocobolo butt looks nice on its own, but if you want splices then you'd better separate them with white veneers or ebony veneers. Rob found a nice cocobolo butted cue with white and ebony veneers and a cocobolo front splice. Perhaps you can fnd it or Rob could post it again in this thread.

Rob, help!
              Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

That should be it. I REALLY like this cue :P
                Attached Files
                sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

I have seen that cue before. That cue is the reason why I am considering cocobolo butt But I just can't decide. I want that this cue be elegant and beautiful... So I must choose carefully...
                  BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

I have seen that cue before. That cue is the reason why I am considering cocobolo butt But I just can't decide. I want that this cue be elegant and beautiful... So I must choose carefully...
                    Why don't you ask the expert, then? Robin is an artist, with a discerning eye and good and original taste. Ask him for some advice!
                    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

I have sent e-mail to Robin asking him to give me some advice... I just hope that he will answer me quickly so that I can start making my new beauty
                      BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

I'm sure Robin's advice will be great and say hi! to him for me, please!

Comment

I will say hi for you in my next mail
                          BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Thanks, that's good of you.

By the way, have you ever used Peradon's cue wizard to try out basic cue designs? It doesn't have all the woods but it's good for getting an idea.

Comment

yes I have tried cue wizard,but it does not have cocobolo or bocote or many other woods which I was considering to put on my cue... So I am now just using imagination...
                              BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

yes I have tried cue wizard,but it does not have cocobolo or bocote or many other woods which I was considering to put on my cue... So I am now just using imagination...
                                and Robin's site and Dave Coutts' site and the photo gallery and Trevor White's photos etc etc. These are all good sources!

Good luck, vucko.

Comment

Working...
                                X