JP Ultimate - Thuya Burr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP Ultimate - Thuya Burr

Keith just sent me a link of this JP Ultimate with 4 beautiful splices of Thuye burr. Its on eBay and the Thuye burr splices are deep dark brown and absolutely stunning! The specs are more suitable for 8 ball but its great reference for those who like this timber. The other stunning Thuye burr I have seen made by Trevor White for a member of this forum. you can see it on "cue design!!!!!" Thread, page 1.
    Thanks a lot Keith!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/john-parris-ul...1%7C240%3A1318
    Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

what about the James Butters cues

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hand-Made-Snoo...1%7C240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hand-Made-Snoo...1%7C240%3A1318

:snooker::snooker:

Comment

Never heard of this cue maker. any more details?
      Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

I had my eye on this butters cue, looks like a beauty!

gone way past what i was willing to pay for it though, as i would have alos had it altered.
        http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

i have been watching these cues for a couple of years now and they have started to sell for more and more. a few years ago you could pick 1 up off ebay for 20/30 quid then 40/50 quid and now there paying 70/80 so they must be decent cues just take a while for the cues to get known on the market.

Comment

I bid for and got one for a friend here in France. It cost £67 + p&p. It was then sent to a reputable cuemaker for altering from snooker spec to 8ball pool spec. My friend has the cue and is very happy with it. Personally, now that I've seen the cue, I think that £50 was all that it was worth. I wouldn't pay more. The ash on the cue was not very good quality, springy with a plasticky feel to it, the splicing was uneven, tops and bottoms as well as in width. No problems with the front splice. The butt was strangely cut, the chamfer was almost sharp, too high and not ergonomic at all. The taper on the butt was unusually done, too. Very thick at the end of the cue and narrowing down very quickly in the first 7 cms. so, if you hold the cue right at the end of the cue, you're not going to be at ease. All in all, I was disappointed.

IMO if they go over £50 then they're over-priced.

Keith
            Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

interesting review keith.

i would still like to have one in my hands, but like said above, word has got aroung that they have some quality and go for much more than i would be willing to pay.

i was looking at 30-40 max and having it retapered to my pool spec as i am looking to change to a maple 1 piece i thought this would be a no lose situation.

still saving for a TW!
              http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

well I own one and its a lovely cue, It not my main cue but I play with it on occasion and its really well made out of quality materials, quite simular to a trevor white I once owned and they might not cost much now but I think they are well worth 100 pounds of anyones money. Perhaps the early ones where not as good Kieth, but my cue is perfectly made and my view to the is is 'buy it' 80 - 100 pounds is a bargin for this beautiful cue and if it plays as well as mine does you'd pay double trust me.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1lawyer View Post
                  well I own one and its a lovely cue, It not my main cue but I play with it on occasion and its really well made out of quality materials, quite simular to a trevor white I once owned and they might not cost much now but I think they are well worth 100 pounds of anyones money. Perhaps the early ones where not as good Kieth, but my cue is perfectly made and my view to the is is 'buy it' 80 - 100 pounds is a bargin for this beautiful cue and if it plays as well as mine does you'd pay double trust me.
                  Perhaps you were lucky; perhaps I was unlucky ... that's the problem, it seems to be a bit of a lottery, to be honest. I am surprised you compare it favourably to a Trevor White!! The one I received was comparable to a Peradon or a machine-spliced Craftsman Classic, if that. The cue was won in January of this year, so it's not one of his early ones. It definitely was not worth £100.
                  Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

You may be right kieth, maybe I was just lucky. I dont know the cue maker but the cue of his I own would compare to other better name brands I have had. I dont go off the name when I choose a cue I go off how it plays, feels and looks. This cue maker is undervaluing his cues if everyone of them is like mine thats for sure. (dont mean to butter him up or anything)

Comment

Working...
                    X