No announcement yet.

How does a chinese made ebay cue play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, they are fakes... There's a thread about "paRis" cues around here as well.

Comment

if it was a paris cue (not parris) it isnt fake parsay just a lower quality of cue trying to get some business off the back of the parris name. Rather unknown the only person ive spoke to that has seen one said it was poor quality, but it could have just been a bad one who knows. Theres many threads along these lines, and i havent seen one person yet that ended up buying one of the chinese cues lol.
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
        this is only my experience but I'd say it's not the tip at the front of the cue that matters ... nor the cue itself ...
        it's the "tit" at the back that makes the most difference (ie me) ...

Hope that makes sense!
        makes perfect sense to me. you tit

p.s. thanks for making me laugh. not enough humour on this forum imo...
        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

better now mike?

Comment

much!
            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

This is your last one... then its back to chinese cues :P

ok maybe 2

ill stop now... im turning into noel.. no wait...
              now im turning into Noel

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                makes perfect sense to me. you tit p.s. thanks for making me laugh. not enough humour on this forum imo...
                I guess it's a bummer for you Mike ... you devote huge amounts of time and skill creating a masterpiece and then some silly sod with a bad cueing action tries to drive it ...

I guess Enzo Ferrari feels the same ...

But peeps, that is not an excuse to not buy a beautiful hand-made cue from Mike Wooldridge at www.HandMadeCues.com ...

Even if you're cueing action isn't up to Ronnie standards (mine certainly isn't) at least you'll know you are playing with one of the finest cues on the market ... no excuses - if you miss that sitter, it's your fault, not the cue's ...

Only way to improve imho ...

Oh and also, snooker is also a game of confidence, so if you miss the sitter with a Mike Wooldridge cue, you might learn for next time you have a similar shot ... "it's not the cue, it must be me!" ...

For the record, I don't own an MW ... I started with a £20 Cannon Scorpion, now I play snooker with a Welsh Dragon (approx £120) but I'd love to be able to buy an MW ... I fancy a Shark series personally (approx £170)

Comment

The cues are good value for the money: 3/4 cue with an air-lock joint, 2 extensions and aluminum case for $100.00 Canadian, including shipping. They are hand-spliced but the splices are not even and the ones that have a pure black butt are painted. I stripped the paint from one of the ones I bought and the wood beneath was lovely. They are quite heavy 19.5-21 oz and the tips are rock-hard but with a little super-fine wool, some oil and a new tip they play very well...if you can get used to the weight. The case hardware (hinges, clasps) is definitely on the inexpensive side.

Comment

Now, cues made in China = poor quality cues...

but I believe in a few years (may be 5 or so)...this preception will no longer exist.

Especially if someone sets up a real nice work shop there like they do in Thailand in the next few years.

It is not the Chinese, it is the person setting up and managing the production of the cue that matters.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

It has been a long lay-off from snooker for me and just before I stopped, the news of the day form Asia was an up-and-comer was a chap by the name of James Wattana.
                      Just arriving back on the scene now and Thailand cues are highly regarded?
                      I would have thought that anything made in Asia would have the stigma of poor quality attached to it (in fishing reels, the high end daiwas are made in Japan and the lower end stuff in Thailand). So, what did Thailand do in its cue manufacturing to gain such a good reputation?

Comment

Originally Posted by screwball View Post
                        The cues are good value for the money: 3/4 cue with an air-lock joint, 2 extensions and aluminum case for $100.00 Canadian, including shipping. They are hand-spliced but the splices are not even and the ones that have a pure black butt are painted. I stripped the paint from one of the ones I bought and the wood beneath was lovely. They are quite heavy 19.5-21 oz and the tips are rock-hard but with a little super-fine wool, some oil and a new tip they play very well...if you can get used to the weight. The case hardware (hinges, clasps) is definitely on the inexpensive side.

aggree with that 100%. my missus got an ebay chinese special for playing pool for about £35. I re-finished it with oil and sorted the tip out, and now it plays very well indeed. the workmanship is ****-poor though... a bit of sanding revealed a fair bit of filler round the name plate. I'd still much rather play with that than a bce/riley from a sports shop though. my very first cue was a bce and the chinese ones are much better.

if i werent such a snob with my own cues, i could get by playing with a chinese one and probably not play a great deal worse than i do now tbh.

Comment

myx

Ive bought a couple and some as gifts and 1 was trash but 2 of them were very well made, no paint, killer shafts and hit fantastic. When they arrived, the shafts had a fit for a day or so and are now as straight as can be and stable. go figure. The maple shaft i recieved warped right away and is junk. All the ash shafts are really good.

Comment

I'm playing with an £18 cue from China that Jim Evans left me to play with and I'm loving.

The butt marks very easily and is clearly painted crap, but the shaft is fantastic and it's a deffo keeper!
                            One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

Yes the Chinese Cues are Far Better than Say BCE, RILEY, PERADON Cues which are Total Rubbish!

What some people Don't Understand is you Can have a £1000 Cue but if the Tip is Rubbish then you won't Notice much different to a £10 Cue!

Comment

Pics

Ill post some pics of the good, the bad ,and the ugly one day soon. some of these shafts are good to go for sure. I got a couple pacs of blue diamonds with mine as well LoL. Ive sanded a couple and fdound NO filler and nice woods as well. I like my UT cue best though.

Comment

Working...
                                X