X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    cases tips repairwork.....
    cue towels...
    I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

he just works from 10 to 5pm for 4 days a week.

i guess that's why he's so slow.
      RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

Originally Posted by khizzy View Post
        he just works from 10 to 5pm for 4 days a week.

i guess that's why he's so slow.
        I am sure his employees will have different working times...

Comment

Originally Posted by ChatLag View Post
          I am sure his employees will have different working times...

i don't think so,his store is shut if you try to call him at other times.

Comment

They aren't allowed to pick up the phone.

There's just a lady who only says "Your cue is being spliced at the moment..."

Comment

my thoughts (for what they're worth):

i think it's time to draw a line under the unfair criticism of john parris and parris cues in general.

as others have rightly said, if you do not wish to wait, or you do not wish to pay the price - don't. move on.

it is nobody's business but parris' how he runs it. you're all free to buy elsewehere if you so wish.

the man is running a very successful business, and i for one say good luck.

some very fine cues come out of the workshop.

as a customer, you would be entitled to complain if there were a problem. in the first instance to john himself. but for those who simply begrudge the prices or the way he runs his business i say 'get a life people', there are more important things to worry about.

and if it were as easy as some people think, then why not start up your own cue making business and see how far you get?...
              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Excellent post Mike. In general Parris trashing does seem in vogue. If his business practice echoed this forum he should be downsizing drastically in the near future

Like you said, he is running a successful business. He must have a little more than a handful of contented buyers, or the opposite would be true.

Mike

[QUOTE=MikeWooldridge;374273]my thoughts (for what they're worth):

i think it's time to draw a line under the unfair criticism of john parris and parris cues in general.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
                  WAIT TIME: South West cues has a wait of between 4 to 5 years, what’s 20 weeks!Mike
                  Correction: Southwest cues has a wait of 9 years now.

But why pull a pool cue into discussion in a Snooker forum? Certain custom pool cues in the US appreciated in price right out of the shop, many people waited and sell them immmediately outright for a profit after delivery. I don't see many of the snooker cues or makers can do it.

Snookered <=== also a pool cue collector

Comment

Do yourselves a favor and check out Kevin Deroo's cues here.
                    http://www.deroocues.com/mainframeset.htm

Kevin builds excellent cues using exceptional wood, i would pit his quality against any other snooker cue maker out there. Marco Fu is using one of Kevins cues and for those in Canada you would be supporting Canadian business

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post

as others have rightly said, if you do not wish to wait, or you do not wish to pay the price - don't. move on.

it is nobody's business but parris' how he runs it. you're all free to buy elsewehere if you so wish.

as a customer, you would be entitled to complain if there were a problem. in the first instance to john himself. but for those who simply begrudge the prices or the way he runs his business i say 'get a life people', there are more important things to worry about.

and if it were as easy as some people think, then why not start up your own cue making business and see how far you get?...

You are right that it is the business of John Parris how he runs his company.
                      And it is my decision to buy there or not.

To wait 20 weeks is not the point as you have to wait that long also when buying from other cue makers.

And it is right that some fine cues are leaving his company.

My only point is that the overall quality is not consistent enough for the money he is asking.
                      A good name is a precious good and can be damaged in not time. But it takes years to recover it.

You are using this forum and for sure some other sources to know what snooker people think and want.

It is again the decision of any cue maker to ignore this thoughts and wishes .

But pride comes before the fall.

Comment

Oh, and by the way: I am running a quite successful machine manufacturing company which is more than 60 years on the market.

Comment

Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
                          Do yourselves a favor and check out Kevin Deroo's cues here.
                          http://www.deroocues.com/mainframeset.htm

Kevin builds excellent cues using exceptional wood, i would pit his quality against any other snooker cue maker out there. Marco Fu is using one of Kevins cues and for those in Canada you would be supporting Canadian business
                          they are very expensive.
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Ok here we go again John Parris cues. People slag him off about this and that but at the end of the day his books are full of orders. For me his cues are not to my taste, but a lot of players say different, everytime a thread is started about JP it goes on for ever.
                            Its getting boring........

Comment

has anyone here heard of a cuemaker named mac chambers?

Comment

tall poppy

Mike we have never communicated with each other before, and as you said, for what it's worth, i take my hat off to you for stating your position as you have, given that you are a cue craftsman yourself, you appear to be a man of good morals and principle, and i hope your bussiness does well.

Comment

Working...
                                X