mac chambers cue wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mac chambers cue wanted

does anyone have a mac chambers ash wood cue for sale?
    RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Hiya, Yes I have. I used to live near Rushden, so had a number of Mac's cues in my time, the one I have was handmade for me by mac before he passed on. Robin put a new ferral, tip and re-dressed it approx 1 year ago

Current spec: 3/4 ash, ebony butt, 9.75mm tip, 18oz weight, length 56.5" I would need to check exact specs as I have lent it to a mate of mine who is trying it out as I have recently bought a Wooldridge.

also has an ash extension.

What's your budget?

Comment

mac chambers. that's a welcome blast from the past.

mac visited me a few years back with rodney hinde to look at some wood i was selling. lovely bloke.

you made me smile. but sad that he's no longer with us....
      Last edited by MikeWooldridge; 26 March 2009, 10:59 AM.
      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Rodney was a top cue maker as well, he made many cue's for my mates in Luton.Could be lots of cues for sale in the Luton area now, as the Green Baize closed down over a year ago and Rileys closed down yesterday!

Snooker seems to be suffering a slow death

Comment

Just out of curiosity and passion for cues, Can somebody share more information regarding his background? Thanks
          Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

pics too of those who own them

Comment

i have a rodney hinde cue dont no anythink about him the cue is nice

Comment

could ypu put up some pics please

Comment

the badge is made of copper
                  Last edited by garysnooker; 13 January 2010, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Mac was based in Rushden (Beds)and Rodney was based in Irthingborough (Northants) they were about 4 miles apart. Snooker players used to come from all over the country particularly London to use their services. I think Mac made cues for Jimmy and a number of top pros. I can remember visiting Rodney once to fix up a cue, when he told me about some 'kid' lthat had potential and was playing in his local club, his name was Sean Murphy, looks like Rodney was right!

Comment

did all of rodney cues come with a copper badge the badge say hand made iby rodney hinde for and then my name

Comment

Originally Posted by garysnooker View Post
                        did all of rodney cues come with a copper badge the badge say hand made iby rodney hinde for and then my name
                        No. My Snooker Pairs partner here in Oxfordshire uses a Rodney Hinde maple cue that Rodney made for him and it has an ivory coloured badge with Rodney Hinde hand made and my mates name on it. When I spent a day last year at Del Hills snooker farm he had a Rodney Hinde one piece maple in his room that has been lent to him by a friend of his, that also has his friends name on it.

When I first came to work in Oxfordshire I used to drive down from the north-east every monday and I used to call in to Rodney Hindes shop and have a coffee with him and a chat about snooker. He did some work on a few old cues for me, really nice guy. He also told me about a wonderful 11 year old who was being sponsored by Bill Griggs who owned Doc Martins and it was Shaun Murphy.

Oldgit
                        'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

i had a cue custom made by rodney hindes before he retired about 8-10 years ago (his wife was quite ill at the time).

The cue is superb; a very fine specimen of mature close grained ash with over 10 chevrons. Splicing is perfect. Would definitely rate him amongst the top cuemakers I've come across. In terms of price and quality he would be the best out there !

Comment

I had a cue made in late 1991 by Mac Chambers, at the time he told me of a young boy whose father had asked him to play a few frames with him. Mac went round to his house and although he wasn't a great player himself he said he was a useful league player. After a couple of frames the youngster, who could barely see over the table and used the rest for most shots knocked in a couple of 60 odd breaks. His dad asked if he thought he had potential. Mac told the kid “when you have your first century break in competition I will make you your first custom cue”. Later that evening Mac received a call from the youngster “I’ve got a match tonight Mac, get the wood ready” and apparently had a 100+ clearance that evening. The youngster was Shaun Murphy, Mac told me to get some money on the kid becoming world champion, he was 9 at the time and 14 years later did Mac proud. I never had money on him, but remember Mac had a chart in his garage/workshop with Shaun’s height/breaks on it.
                            He also spoke very highly of Ronnie and his father who he had stayed with on occasion and did a lot of work for.

I still have the cue now, although it has been doctored over the years and is without nameplate.

Comment

i found a cue a few days back it was spliced like a jp mannock in ash wood,fantastic cue but it had been altered from a one piece to a centre joint cue,and the joint spoiled the balance,so i dint buy it.

the guy who owned the cue said that it was one of the first few cue which had a joint on the butt for extensions.

Comment

Working...
                              X