No announcement yet.

Tony Wilshaw v MasterCraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't imagine he's got anything to worry about then...

Comment

never seen a bad cue from trevor yet.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Whereas a 2pc, 20oz, 59", 9.5mm mastercraft black prince in maple...whippy?

Comment

would not think so its a big heavy cue though might be a bit lifeless.

Comment

Thanks for the info,

Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by "lifeless"?

My current cue is 58" and 18oz, but I'm 6'3" 16 stone and I weight train, so I was thinking a longer heavier cue might be better for me. Also I used to live in Chicago and play a lot of american pool and I seem to remember I prefered the heavier cues. (although obviously the cue ball is like a bowling ball over there)

Comment

well i am about your size and 2 stone heavier and my cue is 17oz - its not about weight every cue is different the heavier the cue the more chance if will feel 'dull'

Comment

I know i'm going to get a excellent cue from Trevs1.

Not saying I will get a subliminal cue, just didn't realise maple is softer and more whippy than ash, always thought vice versa.

This would be an error on my side of things if its whippy not Trevs1.

I should have done more research (thought I did enoguh).
                He is making what I am asking for.
                But am still looking forward, or rather anticipating for the arrival of my cue

Its to the point of torture:P

Oh and ADR is right bout the price.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  well i am about your size and 2 stone heavier and my cue is 17oz - its not about weight every cue is different the heavier the cue the more chance if will feel 'dull'
                  Aye to that, need to feel and hear the "klak", and not the "thud"

I found lighter cue gives you more feel to, mine will be 17.5-18oz

I used to like heavy cues, my previous was 20oz, did me no good and over hit the white to many times, its harder to judge the power of or rather softness of shots when to heavy imo.

Do I make sense or is this nonscence

Comment

I think it would make more sense if I was more knowledgeable.

I'm still a little vague as to what "lifeless" and "feel" and "dull" mean.

I'm guessing you guys mean that a lighter cue would have less of its own inertia when traveling through the cue ball, so the force of the cue would have to come from the players hand, therefore his hand would feel the resistance of the cueball more with a lighter cue. phew

Comment

Originally Posted by tmcthree View Post

I'm guessing you guys mean that a lighter cue would have less of its own inertia when traveling through the cue ball, so the force of the cue would have to come from the players hand, therefore his hand would feel the resistance of the cueball more with a lighter cue. phew
                      too much maths and not enough experience!

oh and nam it will not be whippy.

Comment

lol, I guess I am to snooker as you are to salesmanship!

Comment

lol, I guess I am to snooker as you are to salesmanship!
                          not a title you want!

Comment

[QUOTE=nam1977;376306]I know i'm going to get a excellent cue from Trevs1.

Not saying I will get a subliminal cue, just didn't realise maple is softer and more whippy than ash, always thought vice versa.
                            QUOTE]

Hey Nam, maple isn't softer and whippier than ash, in fact, in my experience, it's the opposite. However, as I said before at the start of this thread, every bit of wood is different and you can get soft ash and soft maple. However, Trev won't use that for a cue, unless he's asked to specifically. So, don't worry.
                            Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                              too much maths and not enough experience!

oh and nam it will not be whippy.
                              Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post

Hey Nam, maple isn't softer and whippier than ash, in fact, in my experience, it's the opposite. However, as I said before at the start of this thread, every bit of wood is different and you can get soft ash and soft maple. However, Trev won't use that for a cue, unless he's asked to specifically. So, don't worry.
                              Phew I can R.I.P now thanks to you two:P
                              Always the knowledgeabale duo, its people like you both and many more others that make this forum a fountain of knowledge.
                              This forum is tops!!
                              Hope your knee is getting better Kieth, wish you the best so you can get back to some serious:snooker:

You'll get the hang of it soon enough tmcthree

Comment

Hope your knee is getting better Kieth, wish you the best so you can get back to some serious:snooker:

Cheers, Nam, I appreciate it. Next year!! In 2010 I'll be back on the baize in a serious way ... I hope!
                                Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Working...
                                X