hunt & osborne cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hunt & osborne cues

i was wondering as this shop is quite close to me and they do custom cues what is the reputation of this maker and re their cues good quality, i am thinking of buying the blue plate cue for £165 3/4 joint and 16oz but im not to sure as i dont know much about their reputation

any help is appriciated

thank you

Malachi
    Age:17 full time snooker player hoping to get somewhere in the future!

for that price, i would sooner go for a wooldridge shark cue

Comment

H&O cues are truly excellent, why not go along and have a look? However, for a machine-spliced cue the price is fairly hefty, be advised.
      Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

im going to have a look at these shark cues as they look promising the only thing which im abit wary about is that i cannot try the cue first but as i live quite near osborne i can try before i buy.

Comment

Sensible idea.
          Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Hi, i have severals cues:
            Parris special one piece cue
            Hunt&Osborne green plate one piece
            Hunt&O'Byrne red plate machine spliced 3/4 cue
            Trevor White 3/4 cue
            Definitievly, the Trevor White is the best
            I had tow Wooldridge (shark and X serie) Sold because want one from higher range but these was good cues.
            Ask a quote to Trevor
            Seb

Comment

how much did your shark cue cost and in your opinion wha was the overall quaity ?

Comment

"3/4 joint and 16oz " - Sounds too light for 3/4 cue
                Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

I've bought it in february 2006 or 2007 for 182,00 € at that time. It was exactly 90 £ + 27£ to send it in France. This was (apparently and i'm sure it was) handmade by wooldridge for whelshpooltrading (He is a member of this forum but i don't remember who). It was 57'' log 18 oz 9 mm tip.
                  It was a very good cue but the Trevor is the besr of mine (it's not the same price also)
                  Not sure of what means "wha was the overall quaity ?" The best quality between all of mine?

Comment

well i have a normal middle joined cue at the moment which is that weight i guess my prefered weight is atound 16.5-17 oz.

i ment to say what was the overall qualty of the cue was the quality good for the cost. for the specific cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by Asi View Post
                      "3/4 joint and 16oz " - Sounds too light for 3/4 cue
                      Depends how long the butt is. I seem to remember that the blue plates are jointed at 12", so not too much ebony there compared to a longer-butted cue, Asi.
                      Might be made from rosewood, too...

Comment

Originally Posted by Malachi-b View Post
                        well i have a normal middle joined cue at the moment which is that weight i guess my prefered weight is atound 16.5-17 oz..
                        Meant to say... I'm not sure if they are able to make you such a light cue (16 oz) which is 3/4. specially When H&O joints are quite heavy

Comment

Originally Posted by Asi View Post
                          Meant to say... I'm not sure if they are able to make you such a light cue (16 oz) which is 3/4. specially When H&O joints are quite heavy
                          They can, no worries.

Comment

Yes, the quality was good but it was not exactly made as the classic shark. It looked as handspliced cue on the splices not "square" as you can see on Mark webste.
                            I had a good feel whith this cue and i think it was the best one after Trevor's one.

Comment

Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
                              Depends how long the butt is. I seem to remember that the blue plates are jointed at 12", so not too much ebony there compared to a longer-butted cue, Asi.
                              Might be made from rosewood, too...
                              What can i say... i guess you are right!

Comment

Working...
                              X