Riley Dufferin Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riley Dufferin Cue

Hi can anybody tell me if this is the original cue that peter ebdon plays! The cue itself says so! it is a riley/dufferin steve davis 1 piece maple cue! The only thing that is different is that the butt is not black constant! there is a little brown part at the end! ebdon's cue butt is black constant! Has peter ebdon laquered this part by a cuemaker or is it not the original as he has! regards
    Attached Files

riley dufferin

and here another pictures!
    Attached Files

Comment

In Canada, there is a model called Dufferin Reaction which looks identical to this cue. It has four uneven machine spliced ebony point, with a maple plate at the butt end. Usually comes in maple with a brass ferrule.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

i have heard this is the type of cue peter plays with but in its life time its had many alterations. weight, butt extending etc.

Comment

Riley dufferin

was there a model that had a full black ebony butt? If not this cue is original! regards

Comment

Yes, I have seen some Dufferin house cues that have a plain ebony butt, with a clear small round window with the Dufferin logo inside. I think those were just house cues, which come in all sorts of wood combo.
            Brunswick used to make a house cue in Canada, with black fibre ferrule, and a pearl dot at the butt end, and a decal. But those are very hard to find these days. Some people collect those.
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Yes but these are only dufferin cues! not riley dufferin! i think this cue is ebdons!

Comment

I could be wrong, but the Riley Dufferin might just be sold under a different name in UK/Canada. I have seen the cue you have in the picture in Canada quite a few times.
                I suspect Ebdon might have had work done to that cue of his, such as having a joint put in at the butt end, and may be some ebony splicing spliced to the butt end and such.
                Joe Swail also appears to be using some kind of house cue or something like that, and his is not ebony. Anyone knows what it is ?
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

But its the unaltered original cue that ebdon has in his hand! Ebdon later altered this cue in the specification he has now!

Comment

This cue i have in picture is from a man in england! Joe Swail has a 1 piece maple cue with a brown rosewood butt! i hope this helps! I dont know the name of his cue! Maybe made by john parris!

Comment

Dufferin Cue

Hi poolq.... do you still have dufferin cues with black ebony butt for sale in maple wood and 1 piece? the maple shaft should have black grain or measles called! i see today that that kind of maple wood peter ebdon plays! regards reini please mail me to Reini0100@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Reini0100 View Post
                        Hi can anybody tell me if this is the original cue that peter ebdon plays! The cue itself says so! it is a riley/dufferin steve davis 1 piece maple cue! The only thing that is different is that the butt is not black constant! there is a little brown part at the end! ebdon's cue butt is black constant! Has peter ebdon laquered this part by a cuemaker or is it not the original as he has! regards
                        Sorry to dig up an old thread.
                        I found one of these at a boot sale a week or so ago,The writing is a bit clearer than on the badge in the 4th pic.
                        Cost me £3.
                        Slight warp in it but plays good.
                        "Practice Makes Perfect"
                        "He Who Endures Conquers"
                        "Fortune Favours The Brave"

1 piece Trevor White 8.5mm Tip,17 1/2oz,57"

Comment

Originally Posted by Reini0100 View Post
                          is the cue for sale? what are the specs?

Comment

Working...
                          X