need a new cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a new cue

hey guys, i just joined this forum. im new to snooker. ive been playing for only about 4 months and i think i need to get a cue for myself. im 17 yrs old and im 6'4" tall. going by my height how long should the cue be? i can spend about $100 max maybe a few more if the cue is really worth it.

which cues do you guys suggest? i live in india but i can order it to somewhere in the us or if the site ships to india its great. its also possible for me to pick it up from somewhere in singapore.

id prefer a cut with a joint halfway and not 3/4th, but if the cue is really good then 3/4th will do. no one pieces.

if you could also give me links to sites i would really appreciate it.

thanks in advance/

Maybe a second hand O'min...

But 100 USD is not that much tbh. Ask Andrew (ADR147). If someone can
    help, it's him!

cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by mooneyy View Post
      Maybe a second hand O'min...

But 100 USD is not that much tbh. Ask Andrew (ADR147). If someone can
      help, it's him!

cheers
      well im not that great a player to justify spending much more on a cue. im a noob. lol

Comment

You are quite right, not much point spending a lot of money on your first cue. Buy one that you feel comfortable with. Once you know exactly what specs and feel you want you will be able to make a better investment the second time around.
        “There are a lot of good players capable of winning the title but as long as I’m still in it they’ve got a headache.” Stephen Hendry

Comment

Originally Posted by submarine View Post
          You are quite right, not much point spending a lot of money on your first cue. Buy one that you feel comfortable with. Once you know exactly what specs and feel you want you will be able to make a better investment the second time around.
          so can you suggest a cue for me? i think the normal size is 58" and find that fine.

Comment

58" is about normal aslong as you aren't either a giant or a dwarf. Around 17-18oz is about normal weight and I would suggest at least a 10mm tip, the smaller the tip the more likely you are to miscue. If you start with something fairly standard you will have a better idea of what will suit you best, as long as you feel comfortable with it you will be fine.
            “There are a lot of good players capable of winning the title but as long as I’m still in it they’ve got a headache.” Stephen Hendry

Comment

Right, there's no need to spend lots for your first cue. But what I was thinking
              of was the price for my first (crappy BCE heritage) cue.

It cost me round 200 Swiss Francs, so even that one would have been significantly
              more than 100$.

Now ADR's Mastercrafts are on the more affordable side of good cues.
              (For example this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MASTERCRAFT-HA...742.m153.l1262)

But 125£ are even more $$$. I don't really know the prices for all those cues
              but I ever thought these Mastercraft cues were about the best value for
              money out there. Correct me if I'm wrong.

cheers

Comment

You say you are 6'4" You may need a cue slightly longer than standard. It depends on your stance and how long your arms are. At a guess I would say between 59" and 60" to give you a full cue action on power shots.With your buget I would sugest finding a good qaulity second hand cue and having it extended at the butt end. I think a 3/4 cue would be better for this or the butt will be longer than the top section. make sure you pick a cue with a solid shaft as the cue will get whipy with the extra length. As a rough guide to cue lenght. With a normal hand on the table stance and your cueing arm (hand to elbow) vertical you should have aprox 12" of cue past your bridge.

Comment

Originally Posted by john parris View Post
                  You say you are 6'4" You may need a cue slightly longer than standard. It depends on your stance and how long your arms are. At a guess I would say between 59" and 60" to give you a full cue action on power shots.With your buget I would sugest finding a good qaulity second hand cue and having it extended at the butt end. I think a 3/4 cue would be better for this or the butt will be longer than the top section. make sure you pick a cue with a solid shaft as the cue will get whipy with the extra length. As a rough guide to cue lenght. With a normal hand on the table stance and your cueing arm (hand to elbow) vertical you should have aprox 12" of cue past your bridge.
                  Glad to see all the top cue makers here
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5NJt...eature=related
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObX6G...eature=related
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzNirO2VkH4
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1uYI...eature=related

Comment

Yes it's going to be great to learn from Trevor, Mike and now John.

Welcome John

Comment

feel privaledged to be the subject of johns first post

Welcome John!
                      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Working...
                      X