No announcement yet.

cue valuation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at that pic I think 400 is a steal... I can't beleive how good Trev's cues look.
    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
      whats he offering?
      not gone into it that far.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

How come a plain ash/ebony cue can be worth £400! Its a bloody replica for god sake, I think some of the prices being talked about for cues is getting beyond a joke in all honesty.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
          How come a plain ash/ebony cue can be worth £400! Its a bloody replica for god sake, I think some of the prices being talked about for cues is getting beyond a joke in all honesty.

I would completely agree with your thinking on that, but, it was the ONLY cue like this that I have made, the name plate is hand cut from an old Victorian ivory snooker ball, and, is likely to be the only Claude Faulkiner cue with an ivory name badge. I've not seen or heard of any others anyway.

Also, the cue was made for and owned by a professional player, and as such, is possibly worth more to those who collect.

Apart from that, as you say, it is just an ash cue with a plain ebony butt.

Comment

okay fair enough Trev I didn't realise the history behind it, obviously the name plate in itself would be worth a fair bit to collectors.

Comment

Yeh, as I say, the cue itself is a fairly plain, but to those who collect, it's maybe a little bit special, I guess it's hard to tell and depends on who wants it as it always is.

If it's in really nice condition though, he had a bargain, because that was one excellent cue.

Comment

if trev says he cant make another cue better than that i might keep it

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                  if trev says he cant make another cue better than that i might keep it
                  Not trying to deprive a hopeful buyer but I would too in your position Collectability factors aside, 400 for a cue like that seems good value when you consider the cost of a Parris Ultimate or black plate H&O these days. Mind you, the above are overpriced IMO.

Comment

anything - regardless of what it is - is worth what somebody is prepared to pay. I had a painting by Sir David Wilkie that i sold for over £100k is it worth that, its not for me to say, but i would bet he could sell it now for a profit!

so in the case of this cue what is worth is for sure £300 because i would pay that! i and would imagine somebody will outbid me!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      anything - regardless of what it is - is worth what somebody is prepared to pay. I had a painting by Sir David Wilkie that i sold for over £100k is it worth that, its not for me to say, but i would bet he could sell it now for a profit!

so in the case of this cue what is worth is for sure £300 because i would pay that! i and would imagine somebody will outbid me!
                      No arguing with that.

Comment

when i bought this cue at the side of it was a falkner orginal which used belong to dominic also. it was more expensive than the trev cue due to it was dominic's actual playing cue. but had a few dings in the shaft so decided to get the trev cue as it looked in alot better shape.

did cross my mind tho with it being an orginal and usually worth more than replicas,as i didnt know the trev cues history. but didnt like feel of orginal so put it down.
                        glad i made right decision
                        Last edited by mattyshinobi22; 19 April 2009, 06:47 PM.

Comment

not sure originals are always worth more than copies depends on the cue and who made the copy!

Comment

Working...
                          X