rex williams world champion cue wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rex williams world champion cue wanted

hi all i have used my friends rex williams world champion cue and it feels excellent
    its specs at a guess are 16.5 ounces
    maple
    slightly shorter than average

does any one have one for sale or know where to obtain one
    i even have a mastercue probutt 1 i would swap for

or could any of the cue makers replicate this cue accuratly

I think there aren't 2 cues which are identical in terms of the "feel".

Even if you can get the exact same specs, model, brand, it won't play up to your expectations as what you got from your friend's cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by huy View Post
      I think there aren't 2 cues which are identical in terms of the "feel".

Even if you can get the exact same specs, model, brand, it won't play up to your expectations as what you got from your friend's cue.
      thats crap. if you get a cue the same make and if he practices enough with it it will play very very very simular.

im sure adr147 MUST have a rex williams cue for sale, hes got tons. or look on ebay.
      hope that helps
      wooooooooo snookerrr

Comment

Originally Posted by alex_5525 View Post
        thats crap. if you get a cue the same make and if he practices enough with it it will play very very very simular.

im sure adr147 MUST have a rex williams cue for sale, hes got tons. or look on ebay.
        hope that helps
        No this is wrong, brand has nothing to do with the materials used or whether a cue will replicate another just by design. These cues were mass produced from both ash and maple, some jointed, some 1 peice, so as you can see these all determine the different feel from one cue to another, not to mention tip size, weight and many other variables.

If it were that simple surely Mr Hendry would have tried to get another one and continue his winning ways!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
          No this is wrong, brand has nothing to do with the materials used or whether a cue will replicate another just by design. These cues were mass produced from both ash and maple, some jointed, some 1 peice, so as you can see these all determine the different feel from one cue to another, not to mention tip size, weight and many other variables.

If it were that simple surely Mr Hendry would have tried to get another one and continue his winning ways!
          Got to agree with that... Theres a reason Parris gave ronnie something like 7 cues to choose from when he broke his.
          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post

yes i know it doesnt mean thhe same raw materials are used but mass producted products are made to the same size, weight etc, because they will use the same balancer in their factory to weigh them.

hence why john parris offered ronnie 7 different sues, cuz his cues WILL be different as he job produces his cues, which is nicer as they are more unique

yes okay the cues may not be identical but will be very simular, you cant tell me they will be so different that this dude wont be able to get a copy of his friends cue and will hate it!
            wooooooooo snookerrr

Comment

all cues play differently

ya can get a cue copied to the exact same spec but it wont play same, it may feel same when you pick it up but hitting a few balls is different.

it wont 'fee'l same

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                all cues play differently

ya can get a cue copied to the exact same spec but it wont "Guarantee it will" play same, it may feel same when you pick it up but hitting a few balls is different.

it wont 'fee'l same

What he said.

Although I've added a bit to his post in bold above....

Comment

As Trevs1 has stated, physically a cue can be made to emulate another cue in terms of its weight and dimensions, but due to wood differences it will not necessarily feel/play the same (ie, it may generate screw more, or indeed less easily).

However, i think those are things that a player can get used to (if he chooses to) as long as the cue is of the right basic sort of spec for them (so you feel comfortable holding and using the cue) and its a fairly decent bit of ash. (but thats just my opinion!)

If it were my money, and i were that bothered I would pay a decent cue maker to build me one to the exact specs.

Comment

cheers trev, but then again a cue made by u will play better than the orginal lol

Comment

One was just sold on ebay to Dave Coutts Snooker Shop so it may be for resale!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rex-Williams-L...1%7C240%3A1318

Rgds
                      Ian

Comment

wow a simple or not so simple question generates a lot of thought
                        anyway it is a one piece maple and seems so sturdy and smooth compared to all cues i have tried i am not in the habit of swapping cues but was forced to one and a half years ago due to ferrule work making my £5 second hand cue that i loved shorter so i bought a master cue good cue but not quite what i want
                        if adr has one or anyone else please contact me cheers

Comment

thanks for the replies people

but just to verify it is a world champion rex williams i am after

Comment

i have a rex williams cue for sale it is imaculate and great to play with . you would not be disapointed . thanks . mick 07846890608

Comment

Originally Posted by pooliebell View Post
                              hi all i have used my friends rex williams world champion cue and it feels excellent
                              its specs at a guess are 16.5 ounces
                              maple
                              slightly shorter than average

does any one have one for sale or know where to obtain one
                              i even have a mastercue probutt 1 i would swap for

or could any of the cue makers replicate this cue accuratly
                              I have the cue you want now in my case in fantastic condition and at the moment I'm going through a sloppy patch in my game and would also like a new cue so I would be willing to accept offers two my email bash86@hotmail.co.uk. If you could give me your email I will forward some pictures. Regards bash

Comment

Working...
                              X