Just got my new mike wooldridge cue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by gettingbetter View Post
    I've read this a lot - what is exactly meant by seasoned for Australian conditions?

Also, I sent Mike an email on Friday or Saturday and haven't got a reply yet, is he at the WC.

Another thing, can someone give me ball park figures on how much his cues cost, even the custom made ones.
    You could just have a look at his website
    http://handmadecues.com/
    It is full of information!
    It even has his contact details on there as well

Comment

I visit his website quite frequently and probably read over everything at least twice - although I haven't signed up to the shop.

His website just outlines the cues, doesn't state anything about price. And I have contacted him.

Comment

If you register to the shop you can see prices.

Comment

What do you know, I actually was registered for it.

It appears that only the black and white shark are in stock. I've read a few reviews and they seem quite good, although the description states that they are pool cues.

Comment

BTW Malachi, what cue did you get?

Comment

mike wooldridge shark black
              Age:17 full time snooker player hoping to get somewhere in the future!

Comment

Hmm, I was browsing him website and I noticed that he has other 'series' of cues. DO you know why the Shark series is the only one in offer atm?

Comment

its not an offer its alwasy that price
                  Age:17 full time snooker player hoping to get somewhere in the future!

Comment

I guess that means his cues are in demand, and he's busy remedying that very problem

I think his custom cues go from 300 - 400 and upwards. The sharks are offered in snooker and pool versions, the only difference being in the length and weight.

He may not have cues in stock but he can probably make a cue for you more quickly than the other top names (except Parris) as he employs a couple of people.
                    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                      He may not have cues in stock but he can probably make a cue for you more quickly
                      good luck with that!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        good luck with that!
                        LOL ... may I add that I could be completely wrong on that last point and will stop trying to speak for these guys...

I imagined that Mike's output is probably higher than some of the other guys like Trevor, Coutts, Glover etc who I think are sole operators. But I have no idea how long you'd have to wait for a custom cue by Mike now.
                        Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Sorry to bring this back up. But I don't want to sign up for mikes shop if it means he has to phone me to make sure I am a serious potential buyer. As all I want to know, is how much his shark series of snooker cues are?

Comment

Why don't you send a mail to Mike with your question?
                            He is the person to reply on that.

Btw: I have received a Classic 1 last week and the cue is really fantastic. The balance is perfect, the butt is 20" jet black and the chamfer is absolutely nice. Shaft is stiff with a really good spring and feedback.
                            I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

Originally Posted by neptar View Post
                              Sorry to bring this back up. But I don't want to sign up for mikes shop if it means he has to phone me to make sure I am a serious potential buyer. As all I want to know, is how much his shark series of snooker cues are?
                              Shark series is 160-165 pounds. Thats only the cue though. I think both extensions is another 70 and then you got postage.

Comment

Sorry to bring this back up. But I don't want to sign up for mikes shop if it means he has to phone me to make sure I am a serious potential buyer.
                                what on earth makes you think i want to phone you up to see if you're a serious buyer?!?

i don't want to talk to you. or anyone else come to think of it....

the only time i ever phone anyone is if i have an urgent question on an order they place.

As all I want to know, is how much his shark series of snooker cues are?
                                all i want to know is that the person who's trying to buy something from me using a credit card is genuine and not some scamming b*stard.

in my experience, the only people who object to registering are time wasters or people with something to hide.

Originally Posted by ChatLag View Post
                                Why don't you send a mail to Mike with your question?
                                He is the person to reply on that.
                                would seem the sensible thing to do wouldn't it?...

Originally Posted by ChatLag View Post
                                Btw: I have received a Classic 1 last week and the cue is really fantastic. The balance is perfect, the butt is 20" jet black and the chamfer is absolutely nice. Shaft is stiff with a really good spring and feedback.
                                now that's what i like to be reading on fourms...

Originally Posted by gettingbetter View Post
                                Shark series is 160-165 pounds. Thats only the cue though. I think both extensions is another 70 and then you got postage.
                                don't tell him! let him register and find out himself....
                                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Working...
                                X