No announcement yet.

Just got my new mike wooldridge cue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, no worries. I'm from aus and getting a cue made and sent to Japan by Robin Cook. I remember another aussie here ordered one from Trev and MW would send one to australia too.

I think those guys are pretty careful about packaging etc, and wouldn't send a bad cue overseas, unlike some vendors unfortunately.

Which part of aus are you from?
    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Sydney.

But isn't there an issue with sending a cue overseas? Moisture, air pressure etc etc, I'm sure they would be more aware than myself on the issue.

Comment

I think you'll find most makers send cues worldwide without too many problems.

Comment

Hi Trevs1,
          I was trying to send you a pm, but couldnot do it. Could you send me a pm or your email please?

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
            I think you'll find most makers send cues worldwide without too many problems.
            Would you know a cue maker named Peter Hanley?

Also, with regards to sending, do you supply the case too?

Comment

no problem sending cues abroad.

however, wood may shrink or expand in new climate. nothing can stop that but usually not a problem as such.

no case required, packaging is fine.
              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by gettingbetter View Post
                Would you know a cue maker named Peter Hanley?
                yeah...

http://www.peterhanleycues.com/

is he an arm wrestler as well? lol...
                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

he gives a lifetime guarentee... pretty good. allthough that pose is a bit off putting.
                  Age:17 full time snooker player hoping to get somewhere in the future!

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                    yeah...

http://www.peterhanleycues.com/

is he an arm wrestler as well? lol...
                    Do you know him personally though? I believe he is from England originally. Also, is it hard to contact you like everyone on this site says it is?

Comment

lmfao!

have you tried??

info@handmadecues.com

nothing hard about that....
                      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by gettingbetter View Post
                        Do you know him personally though? I believe he is from England originally. Also, is it hard to contact you like everyone on this site says it is?
                        Haha mike is the nicest cue maker out there he had to take the full force of my never ending emails i felt sorry for him at the end.

who says its hard to contact him lol hes on the forum 24/7 and has an email.
                        Age:17 full time snooker player hoping to get somewhere in the future!

Comment

Originally Posted by Malachi-b View Post
                          Haha mike is the nicest cue maker out there he had to take the full force of my never ending emails i felt sorry for him at the end.

who says its hard to contact him lol hes on the forum 24/7 and has an email.
                          Must of got contact mixed up with making the cues.

Comment

I guess Hanley's cues would be seasoned for australian conditions but I've seen lots of cues by UK makers that survived the trip to aus.

When pros travel overseas isn't that the same thing?
                            Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

I have used 1 pc woolridge and I must admit the craftsmanship was excellent.I used that cue for 6 months until I got hold of a machine spliced master cue from my local dealer.I tried it out and I made 80 odd in the second frame that I played with it.It just felt like it was perfect for me the balance ,the weight,the feel.I have been using that cue for the past 3 months,I have made 12 centuries with it.I just needed to refinish the cue myself and now the cue is silky smooth.
                              My deep screw shot
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                                I guess Hanley's cues would be seasoned for australian conditions but I've seen lots of cues by UK makers that survived the trip to aus.

When pros travel overseas isn't that the same thing?
                                I've read this a lot - what is exactly meant by seasoned for Australian conditions?

Also, I sent Mike an email on Friday or Saturday and haven't got a reply yet, is he at the WC.

Another thing, can someone give me ball park figures on how much his cues cost, even the custom made ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X