Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

Hi , I Have just given my Maple cue to the man in the club to re tip , and he has proceded to leave superglue fingerprints all over the shaft between the ferrule and about 4 1nches down . What is the best method to remove this carnage . and does anybody know a good gun stockist .
    Thanks .ps advice and method please .

Is the cue laquered?

If, try some warm soapy water on it and give it time.
    If not, try linseed oil and wait.

Patience is very important.

One way is to put the cue in the deep-freeze over night. After that you can remove that glue careful with 0000 wire wool.

And learn to retip you ce by yourself...
    I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

No its not laquored , does that make difference to any of the methods you have given . Ps i Found a crossbow on ebay , that will teach him

Comment

Yes, it makes a difference as acetone is the best solvent to remove the glue. But i will harm laquer.

I am not sure what it would do to the wood of the shaft but I'd not dare to try.

So I think the use of linseed oil and giving it some time to go under the glue will be the best way with the lowest risk of damage.

If the cue is spoiled you can shoot it with the crossbow...

And read the tip guide of ADR147 on this forum to learn how to retip a cue.
        Or visit www.handmadecues.com where it is explained with a nice animation.

Comment

Originally Posted by ChatLag View Post
          One way is to put the cue in the deep-freeze over night. After that you can remove that glue careful with 0000 wire wool.
          i'm no expert but that doesn't sound like a good idea to me :S If cues can warp if they go to warmer temperatures due to moisture in the wood (it is isn't it?) then surely shoving a cue in a freezer would expand the wood and cause some kind of damage?

Comment

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
            i'm no expert but that doesn't sound like a good idea to me :S If cues can warp if they go to warmer temperatures due to moisture in the wood (it is isn't it?) then surely shoving a cue in a freezer would expand the wood and cause some kind of damage?
            I agree.... It is just a way to do and i am quite sure cold is not that dangerous than heat.
            I'd go for the oil and wait method.

Comment

Turn the cue so the tip is facing the floor and the butt is in your hand, now proceed to club the idiot to death....won't help the cue but god you'll feel better
              -'Don't choke, don't choke, don't choke! aww I knew I was going to choke'-

Comment

fire... the only answer is fire!!!

Oh and i wouldn't think its superglue finger prints or he would still be stuck to the cue... or you'd have a cue plus half a finger at the very least Can't think how you would actually get superglue fingerprints on anything because my hands get stuck together every time i use the stuff!!!

and tip your own cue in the future!
                sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                  fire... the only answer is fire!!!

Oh and i wouldn't think its superglue finger prints or he would still be stuck to the cue... or you'd have a cue plus half a finger at the very least Can't think how you would actually get superglue fingerprints on anything because my hands get stuck together every time i use the stuff!!!

and tip your own cue in the future!
                  lol always with the fire RG lol
                  -'Don't choke, don't choke, don't choke! aww I knew I was going to choke'-

Comment

You can buy a product specifically for removing superglue. Try at a hardware store. Or, you can try nail polish remover. It has acetone in it, so that will remove the superglue residue too.
                    The you can oil the cue with linseed.

Comment

Working...
                    X