Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get rid of chips or dings in a cue shaft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get rid of chips or dings in a cue shaft?

I broke of last night on a 8 ball table and went through to hard, the cue flew up and hit the lighting rig, smashed a bulb, which in turn embedded its self into the cue!!!!
    it now has small but significant little holes, where the glass was.

HELP!!!!!

can they be filled, if so with what?
    they're to deep to sand out!

Give it an intensive rub with a glass (THICK drinking glass) - same direction as if you were sanding the shaft. rub it until you don't feel the dents under the glass and it runs smooth. It works as a magic! Glass has a great effect on wood dents and it wont worn the shaft/finish. Don't sand it in any case. hope it helps
    Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Originally Posted by Asi View Post
      Give it an intensive rub with a glass (THICK drinking glass) - same direction as if you were sanding the shaft. rub it until you don't feel the dents under the glass and it runs smooth. It works as a magic! Glass has a great effect on wood dents and it wont worn the shaft/finish. Don't sand it in any case. hope it helps
      Ive never heard this before? Has this worked for you personally?
      Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
      Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Sounds like your sending him to the shop for a Glass Hammer or some Tartan Paint mate... LoL

Comment

How about a long stand? Oh and elbow grease, dont forget that!

Comment

actually it might work but a marble is better
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Please don't do this
              http://www.ehow.com/how_2279736_fix-...ooker-cue.html
              sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                eh no don't - you can try wrapping a cloth tightly round it and pouring boiling water over the cloth though.......
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Marble method is the best way. I actually carry one in my case just incase.....gives me something to do when im watching the other player clear up
                  sigpic <---New Website
                  Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
                    Marble method is the best way. I actually carry one in my case just incase.....gives me something to do when im watching the other player clear up
                    I've never heard of this 'marble method', can you elucidate, please? I'm interested for myself, but also for any forum members who don't speak English as a 1st language.
                    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Basically you rub the marble over the dent smoothing the wood out. I was told off and have to give credit to ADR147 as he mentioned it a while ago
                      sigpic <---New Website

Comment

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
                        Basically you rub the marble over the dent smoothing the wood out. I was told off and have to give credit to ADR147 as he mentioned it a while ago
                        u mean, literally marble balls?
                        Stephen Hendry, the Golden Boy

Comment

Yes just a marble.

sigpic <---New Website

Comment

alright thanks!
                            Stephen Hendry, the Golden Boy

Comment

This tool works perfect for me:

http://www.pro9.co.uk/html/theprosho...t&pid=CLNG0010
                              Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Working...
                              X