Stamford Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamford Cue

thinking of buying a second hand stamford cue in perfect condition just plain black bottom and no veneers etc. straight ash. was wondering what you think a good price would be for it roughly? as i dont have much experience in buying cues. ive always had my 10mm tip for snooker but now im playing pool ive decided to get a small tipped cue. thanks

A plain ebony Stamford cue would cost £245 new, so depending on condition, anywhere from £100 to £200 is a good price! Difficult to be precise as it really depends on you and the seller getting together. Eg. the other week I saw a new Stamford, multi-spliced and with a 2nd shaft, with a starting price of £130, and I don't even think it got a bid! Shame for the seller, right enough. The cues are good, so they should hold their price, but their re-sale value is not fantastic.

I hope this helps, but I don't think so! Sorry.
    Keith
    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

its been offered it for 130£ what you think?

Comment

Jump on it! Now! If it's in perfect nick, no worries.
        Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

yes tis perfect he bought a new one with slightly smaller tip but dint get on with it thanks for your help if anyone else has any input please say

Comment

Buy it! And hope the guy doesnt read the forum

If its in good shape sounds like a good price to me
            Last edited by RGCirencester; 12 May 2009, 07:06 PM. Reason: can't spell
            sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post

haha! its my mates dad's.

thanks

Comment

I hope you get it, and enjoy playing with it - by the way, just out of interest, what are the specs? I'm an 8ball player myself and I'm "professionally" curious.

Comment

ill reply to that tomoz when i find out ive pretty much just tried it for the smaller tip and getting on with it really well. i got a rodney hinde 10mm tip which i had since i was 13 years old which is really good for snooker but for pool i cant play some of the shots id like to aswell as i can with a smaller tip.. for example shots of the cushion and mass spin round the angles at the corner of the table sometimes when need to get out of trouble. also just feels nicer cueing the ball closer to the middle instead of on the very bottom although i no thats more pyschological. the cue is in the locker at the club at the moment so ill find out for you and reply

Comment

haha! its my mates dad's.

thanks

Comment

Yip, don't use a 10mm tip for 8ball pool, that's a good idea. You're right about it feeling better cueing nearer the middle of the cue, I can recommend it! Lol

Comment

I play 8 ball with a 10mm... Are you telling me I'm wrong? :'(

Comment

wouldnt say your wrong but i tried a smaller tip and makes things alot easier for example check side is so much easier to put on. and as i said i feel more confident and comfortable hitting the white nearer to the middle of the white ball.

Comment

I was kidding, but i've tried an 11mm and can still play 8 ball fine with it... Maybe you guys are just better than me

Comment

I play 8 ball with a 10mm... Are you telling me I'm wrong? :'(
                              Yes! Of course!

Comment

Working...
                              X