No announcement yet.

Champions: Who used what cue 1927 - 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on ADR, don't be a sourpuss. Did Davis win all his titles with a YOA?

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
      Come on ADR, don't be a sourpuss. Did Davis win all his titles with a YOA?
      yes he did.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
          I believe Cliff used a Dufferin Trophy cue, or was it an adam--perhaps Noel can confirm?
          Nope. Almost certain the cue that took him to the Championships was a Tom Gauthier 2 piece cue. It's a prized possession of Cliff's and one he has had for 20 odd years. At one point, rumour was that he was selling it, but I don't think that was ever true.

I saw the cue myself many years ago when Cliff was in Vancouver doing an exhibition during the memorial for Werbeniuk (maybe 5-ish years ago?)

Don't know what he uses now
          Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
          My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
            Im interested, as im sure others would be in the future to know who played with what. I hope we can all fill this in together:
            • 1927-40/46 > Joe Davis - Peradon
            • 1947/50 > Walter Donaldson - Cue?
            • 1948/49/51-56 > Fred Davis - Cannon match cue in Maple
            • 1957/64-68 > John Pulman - B&W Ash cue with ebony butt
            • 1969/71/77 > John Spencer - 2-piece cue - a cheap Canadian model Maple
            • 1972/82 > Alex Higgins - Burwat Champion and JP Mannock
            • 1973-76/78 > Ray Reardon - Cue?
            • 1979 > Terry Griffiths - Riley Tombstone Maple
            • 1980 > Cliff Thorburn - Cue?
            • 1981/83/84/87-89 > Steve Davis - B&W ye olde ash.
            • 1985 > Dennis Taylor - 2 piece he discovered in Nigel Mansell snooker room.
            • 1986 > Joe Johnson - Willie Smith cue one piece Maple
            • 1990/92-96/99 > Stephen Hendry - Powerglide connoisseur Maple/Acurate 147 Maple
            • 1991 > John Parrott - Hunt & O Bryne
            • 1997 > Ken Doherty - ash rack cue
            • 1998/2007/09 > John Higgins - JP/North West/North West
            • 2000/03 > Mark Williams - Barracuda machine-spliced cue
            • 2001/04/08 > Ronnie O'Sullivan - Cue?
            • 2002 > Peter Ebdon - Riley Dufferin Steve Davis 1 piece
            • 2005 > Shaun Murphy - Tom Newman 1370 break cue, 1pc, extended by Rodney Hinde
            • 2006 > Graeme Dott - 1pc Andy Gibbs cue

thanks for anyone who would like to help
            I always thought hendrys connoisseur was white ash ?

Comment

Originally Posted by astle_the_king View Post
              I always thought hendrys connoisseur was white ash ?
              Always been maple (as far as i know)

Comment

Originally Posted by the_paz View Post
                pretty sure mark williams still has the same cue but has had the butt slightly reworked from a machine spliced into a hand spliced, he said it looked nicer lol

parris done the work and then stuck one of his badges on i think. similar thing with mathew stevens, i think he had an omin, parris did some work on, now it's a parris lol.
                stevens cue was a hunt & o'bryne. has re done it many times

Comment

I heard some stroy about Matthew Steven breaking the butt of his cue when he banged it on the restroom tile or something...then had the butt repaired by JP...
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
                    Nope. Almost certain the cue that took him to the Championships was a Tom Gauthier 2 piece cue. It's a prized possession of Cliff's and one he has had for 20 odd years. At one point, rumour was that he was selling it, but I don't think that was ever true.

I saw the cue myself many years ago when Cliff was in Vancouver doing an exhibition during the memorial for Werbeniuk (maybe 5-ish years ago?)

Don't know what he uses now

HI Cliff Thorburn still uses his Tom Gauthier Cue i saw him last year at the Alain Robidoux Invational at the following clun www.147snookerclub.net check this out tables like England its a little Museum with all the Pictores of Alain Robidoux and trophies tht he won in the Uk

Comment

Originally Posted by the montrealer View Post
                      HI Cliff Thorburn still uses his Tom Gauthier Cue i saw him last year at the Alain Robidoux Invational at the following clun www.147snookerclub.net check this out tables like England its a little Museum with all the Pictores of Alain Robidoux and trophies tht he won in the Uk
                      What a cracking site that is. I seem to remember when it first came online but it's certainly grown since then. I'll have to watch all the vids when I get some spare time over Christmas!!

Liked watching the members playing 'golf' on the live Justin.tv stream. I think they were half cut n'all, good fun!

Mat Wilson
                      Whoever said "Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing" was an arsehole.

Comment

Ray reardon used a Burwat champion cue with a lump of car bodge on the end were it had broke at the splice and it was bent like a banana .

Comment

Originally Posted by fateric View Post
                          What a cracking site that is. I seem to remember when it first came online but it's certainly grown since then. I'll have to watch all the vids when I get some spare time over Christmas!!

Liked watching the members playing 'golf' on the live Justin.tv stream. I think they were half cut n'all, good fun!

Mat Wilson
                          HI MAT that was not golf they were playing. its called life pool every player has three lives. The object of the game is to pot balls each player shoots on his player and if he potts his player the player loses a life and shoots on the closet ball on.and continues till he misses and the next player shoots on him . Once you lose 3 lives you are out of the game. Generally there are 12 players in the game and the games lasts about 1 hour. The player that remains with a least one life wins the game

It was fun we play this game every Christmas. happy Holidays cheers Leonard

Comment

It's called killer in the uk? But I guess it's one of those games that everyone has a different name for.......

Comment

Ignore previous comment, miss watched/read.......
                              However killer is a good Xmas game!!

Comment

Working...
                              X