Travel with a cue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel with a cue...

Hey mates. I’m going to buy a new cue, but I have some issues. Since I don’t live in the UK, I started wondering if a cue, even inside a case, will “survive” a plane travel. I want to know if any of you worldwide snooker fans ever order a cue form an UK brand, living outside, and in what condition it arrived. Because you know, tops cues from JP or Stamford cost good money and it will be a big blow to receive it with any damage.
    Thanks
    What awaits each person in heaven is eternal bliss, divine rest, and a snooker table.

You should be ok cause it will be insured by the courier company ?

When you get it, better to check it while the courier delivers it, so that you can point out if there's any damage to him before he leaves. It's unlikely to be damaged though

Comment

Here you go dude,if you want to be safe you should read this they are talking about placing the cue and the case inside a ski case.
      http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ght=travel+cue
      Bring Back Clive!

Comment

I am living in Germany so i have no choice and have to get the cues from abroad.
        I bought (quite a few) cues in UK, India and Singapore and also shipped cues to different countries.
        I had so far no problems with any cue concerning shipping.
        (And I cross my fingers it will continue like that)
        I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

the cue should be pretty safe in a rigid case if you are buying one,but if you're not buying a case hen you could ask the cue maker to wrap the cue in bubble wrap and put it in a plastic tube and seal both ends,bubble wrap it again and put it in a cardboard box.or pm trevs1 or mike woolridge for other methods.
          RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

Trevor packed my cue so well it would more like damage when I opened the packet than by cargo. Of course packages are handled a bit better with courier service.

I don't think You should worry a lot. There is much more to worry afterwards, if You travel with Your cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by eha View Post
              Trevor packed my cue so well it would more like damage when I opened the packet than by cargo. Of course packages are handled a bit better with courier service.

I don't think You should worry a lot. There is much more to worry afterwards, if You travel with Your cue.
              exactly,the way trevor packed my cue , it showed how much effort he must have put into making the cue.

he is truly dedicated to his job.
              RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

Working...
              X