Hunt & Osborne Redplate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunt & Osborne Redplate

I'm thinking about buying a 1 piece H&O Redplate cue with tulipwood splices. What do you think about this cue ?
    The world's finest doubler

Hello, i've a Hunt&Osborne one piece green plate to sell , 58 inches, 17,5 oz, with a green veener. As new. Pm me if interested.

Comment

Can you send me pic?

tng_bb@sumibe.co.jp

tks

Comment

Originally Posted by joao_hendryfan View Post
        I'm thinking about buying a 1 piece H&O Redplate cue with tulipwood splices. What do you think about this cue ?
        At £315, it's cheap for one of their cues. However, if you want to buy one now, it'll be one of their "stock" cues, so perhaps they'll have one in your specs, perhaps not. If you're lucky you'll be able to pick one up immediately. If you're unlucky, you'll have to order one and wait about 10 weeks, on average. What you have to know is that it's the least good of their hand-made cues, and so you won't get the very best quality. It'll be a good cue, as they don't sell rubbish, but it's not their best work.

You could, on the other hand, ask any one of Robin Cook, Dave Coutts, Tony Glover, Kevin Muncaster, Trevor White or Tony Wilshaw to make you a cue to your spec, and you'll get their best work for less or about the same price as the H&O cue. If you want to pay more, but still get someone's best work, you could contact Mike Wooldridge or John Parris.

The H&O cue will be nice, but you can get someone else's best work for less and, in the case of some of them, earlier! Look around a bit before making up your mind, that's what I'd do.
        You don't have to pay London prices you know.
        Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
          At £315, it's cheap for one of their cues. However, if you want to buy one now, it'll be one of their "stock" cues, so perhaps they'll have one in your specs, perhaps not. If you're lucky you'll be able to pick one up immediately. If you're unlucky, you'll have to order one and wait about 10 weeks, on average. What you have to know is that it's the least good of their hand-made cues, and so you won't get the very best quality. It'll be a good cue, as they don't sell rubbish, but it's not their best work.

You could, on the other hand, ask any one of Robin Cook, Dave Coutts, Tony Glover, Kevin Muncaster, Trevor White or Tony Wilshaw to make you a cue to your spec, and you'll get their best work for less or about the same price as the H&O cue. If you want to pay more, but still get someone's best work, you could contact Mike Wooldridge or John Parris.

The H&O cue will be nice, but you can get someone else's best work for less and, in the case of some of them, earlier! Look around a bit before making up your mind, that's what I'd do.
          You don't have to pay London prices you know.
          couldn't agree more !!!
          Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Thanks for your advice Keithin. I've got the contact of all these cuemakers, except Trevor White's. Do you have his e-mail ?
            Cheers

Comment

trevor dot white @ virgin dot net

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
                trevor dot white @ virgin dot net
                You got there 1st, pal!
                Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Originally Posted by joao_hendryfan View Post
                  Thanks for your advice Keithin. I've got the contact of all these cuemakers, except Trevor White's. Do you have his e-mail ?
                  Cheers
                  No problem. Do you have a time frame for the cue? I mean do you want it quickly or are you not really in a rush?

Comment

I would like to have the cue quickly, but if it's a custom cue with all my specs I would be able to wait more time. There's no problem with that.

Comment

Working...
                    X