X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone out there ready to post some pictures of their Deroo's cue

Many thanks :snooker:

Comment

he makes a lot of cues and a lot of them make their way to HK and china. in HK they are represented by snooker147, the most popular snooker equipment store in HK, who sold the main bulk of the deroo cues in HK earlier on. it is however declining in popularity in HK and you can find them regularly on the 2nd hand market. the s1 - s11s go for around HK$6,000 - 8,500 (US$800 - 1,100) on the 2nd hand market.

personally not my cup of tea since they look like elongated pool cues, and i don't like the feel of laminated/varnished shafts/butts.

Comment

Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
        he makes a lot of cues and a lot of them make their way to HK and china. in HK they are represented by snooker147, the most popular snooker equipment store in HK, who sold the main bulk of the deroo cues in HK earlier on. it is however declining in popularity in HK and you can find them regularly on the 2nd hand market. the s1 - s11s go for around HK$6,000 - 8,500 (US$800 - 1,100) on the 2nd hand market.

personally not my cup of tea since they look like elongated pool cues, and i don't like the feel of laminated/varnished shafts/butts.
        Yes, I think he builds his snooker cues more like how Americans build their pool cues. The way he does his stainless joint, the pin he chooses, the way he marks his logo, the inlays, and the finish, all remind me of pool cues. Not that it would make the cue play better or worst, but it is certainly a different approach in terms of craftsmanship.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Hi snookerbum,
          have you received your deroo snooker cue and what does it play like. do you have more control when playing with side?

Comment

deroo cues are awesome... my dad owns one maple with plain ebony...
            the cue has tons of cue power and stiff due to the laminated shaft...
            the sound of the cue is awesome.
            the price is little steep but i guess its worth buying it.
            but i still prefer my own cue compared to a deroo.

Comment

de roo cue

Wes i haven't recieved the cue yet but he did say it will be finished by this week coming .Am so excited .will keep you posted ok thanx .

Comment

Will let you know this coming week when i recieve it thanx .

Comment

kevin deroo cue

well i have been playin with my kevin deroo cue now for a week and i think its just fantastic.its not a laminated shaft style cue but who needs that . its 3/4 butt 9.3 mm.and it also has a black fibre tip . i prefer it over the brass furel..and it hits very solid like .just the right weight 17 3/4oz...all though it feels lighter than that.all and all it has been a really good investment for me oh yeh and its straight.am very pleased . thanx dave

Comment

Hi all,

I'm new here, can anyone tell me Kevin Deroo is a nice guy or not ?

Comment

what's your point???
                      What if he's a nice guy, but making nasty cue?
                      What if he's a nasty guy, but making nice cue?

Comment

Bringing back a dead thread. I had Kevin make me a 3/4 ash and ebony cue about 9 years ago. I'm tall, and wanted a 59" cue, with a weight of around 18 ounces. He was very comunicative and methodical during the build, and I cherish the cue to this day. I agree that his 'style' is unlike the standard houses of England, and that is initally what drew me to him. I followed the game around the UK for a year in the mid-1990s and purchased a few very nice English-made cues and shipped them home to Canada. All three of these cues delaminated or warped beyond use, including a very nice Parris. Kevin uses Canadian wood, cured for a dry climate. Yes, his cues are expensive; however, I've not been happier with a snooker cue, having owned several 'nice' ones previously. As for burning his name into the shaft, I expect this is done to show that all the pieces of the cue belong together, much like including your name on both pages of resume. His intials are inlaid in the butt (composed of what material, I don't know), and I thought it was a refreshing alternative to the standard brass or phenolic plate. At any rate, I realize that his designs styles are polarizing but I for one won't part with this cue. It is exceptionally well made and balanced, and that's what I wanted.

Comment

Hello,
                          I contacted Mr. Deroo via email a few years ago, I wanted him to make me a custom maple and Gaboon Ebony cue, I gave him all my specs and he sent me a quote and expected delivery date for my cue the very next day, he included his tel nr. and wanted me to call him if I had any questions. The price was a little too steep for me at the time and that was the only reason I did not purchase. I can see the quality of the woods used in is cues just by looking at the pics, I would not expect less than that at the price he charges. I felt that if I ordered I would get a perfectly straight cue made to the highest standard. Not a cue off the shelf. I hope that the high prices paid for his cues in Hong Kong and China do not make is quality cues out of the reach of Canadian Players.
                          I talked on the phone with Mr. Deroo, he was very nice but would not move on his prices.
                          Cheers,
                          I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

If you don't mind my asking, what sort of dollar figure did he quote you? My cue was around $825, I think, in 2001. Pretty pricey, but I haven't wanted to buy anything else since, so I see it as fair. You can buy any number of other brands of cues for substantially less, but I saw his work and was intrigued. When I spoke with him on the phone, I was sold.

Comment

I believe for his plain ebony butterfly spliced ash 3/4 cue, the price is $960 Canadian dollars for the cue alone.
                              I also heard he just purchased a new house.
                              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Hello Pooljunkie,
                                You are perfectly correct, shipping as well, was living in Victoria so was not a big expense.

Cheers,
                                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X