Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone has made a cue for to play American sized pool at snooker cue maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone has made a cue for to play American sized pool at snooker cue maker?

American pool has bigger balls and they are much heavier than snooker one as all know.
    I play it with snooker cue but some says I might break my cue in some day even I never hit strong at all.

I have seen just few pictures of snooker cue made for to play American pool.
    That has little thicker tip like 10 mm or 11 mm and probably little bit heavier.

Does anyone has made a cue for to play American pool at snooker cue maker?

I don't like a looks and feel of American pool cue and It might better to have proper cue made by snooker cue maker someday.

Please show some pictures as well.

I have ordered one cue from Robin Cook. He is making me a snooker cue with 12.7mm tip. I will use that cue strictly for pool. Also Robin said to me that it is not a problem to play American pool with snooker cue just don't use it for a break-off shot. I was playing some pool tournaments with Robin cue and that cue is having 10 mm tip.
    You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
    BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

i once played with a snooker cue with a 12mm tip, it just plays awsome. I also hate the american pool cues, they dont have any feeling imo like a proper made snooker cue.

Comment

Yes, I thought that.
        I must not break shot with it.
        It should be OK with snooker cue with 10 mm tip or around then.
        I guess the shaft gets stiff and stiff if the tip gets bigger right?
        It is difficult to make a decision which size of tip I should go for.

Comment

Both Steve Davis and Tony Drago have pool cues made by snooker cue makers I think. Were they both made by John Parris, could be, but I am not sure.
          I think you can definitely play pool with a snooker cue.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Well I am not sure about stiffness of the woods. You can specify if you want whippy wood.
            BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
              Both Steve Davis and Tony Drago have pool cues made by snooker cue makers I think. Were they both made by John Parris, could be, but I am not sure.
              I think you can definitely play pool with a snooker cue.
              I remenber that. I have seen it on You tube and Steve was using a 1/2 jointed cue but looked like snooker cue.
              I think Tony was using exactly looks like snooker cue but could be thicker tip.
              The You tubes display quality is not that good so I could not see it close enough.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally Posted by vucko117 View Post
                Well I am not sure about stiffness of the woods. You can specify if you want whippy wood.
                Nnnn~, I don't really know but I have adjust little bit on the contact degree to hit the ball if I have whippy one.
                There are not any snooker player around my city so I can not compare if my cue is stiff or whippy.
                Do you know what is it like whippy exactly?

Comment

Drago is using Parris cue made for pool I think
                  Last edited by vucko117; 25 May 2009, 09:32 AM.
                  BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Tony Drago seesm to be using a half jointed Parris or something. Steve Davis has changed quite a few cues--I remember he used to use a 3/4 cue with a different shaft with a red/brown ferrule for 9 ball, then I saw him with a half jointed cue with quite a few splicings on the butt. I think he also has a Meucci. Not sure what he is using now.
                    Mark Gray just plays with his snooker cue I think.
                    It is easy to miscues though if you want to hit too low and are not cueing well playing 9 ball.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                      Tony Drago seesm to be using a half jointed Parris or something. Steve Davis has changed quite a few cues--I remember he used to use a 3/4 cue with a different shaft with a red/brown ferrule for 9 ball, then I saw him with a half jointed cue with quite a few splicings on the butt. I think he also has a Meucci. Not sure what he is using now.
                      Mark Gray just plays with his snooker cue I think.
                      It is easy to miscues though if you want to hit too low and are not cueing well playing 9 ball.
                      It seems to be Drago and Davis are using some kind of special made cues for to play American pool as they are pro.
                      I have looked through most of the snooker makers and I wonder why they don't purchase snooker cue arranged to play american pool.
                      I believe lots of snooker player prefer to play there cues even they play american pool because of the feel and design.
                      Is the american pool not so popular in UK?
                      Maybe not many people want to play american pool you can find much more snooker table and UK pool table around them.

Davis cue has seems to be different ferrule. The ferrule is made by brass, ceramic, plastic and sometime stainless steel I think. Might be new material made ferrule which I don't know yet or is it painted in that color?

Comment

Working...
                      X