Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to find a cue I like and will stick with.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to find a cue I like and will stick with.

However!

I am from Edinburgh and there does not seem to be any where local that has a good range of quality cues I can try.

Done the whole buying the chinese made of e-bay cue and want a bit of quality handmade british.

Any suggestions?

Also got Robin Scott cue which feels a bit heavy for my like. Anyone bought one of there and figured out the weight? Am sure i was lead to believe it is a average 18oz but am sure its more?

Thanks.

Depends on your budget theres a lot of information in the cues section for instance for the 1-200 pound mark this thread might help.
    http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=18081
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Thanks been looking at that thread

Not so much budget being the problem its finding somewhere where I can try before buying.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Craftsman cues in Leeds will allow you to try the cues before you buy them.

http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...sman_cues.html

Comment

Looks a good site.

What u mean try before buy. I would have to go to Leeds?

Comment

They have a table in the showroom so you can try a number of cues out and walk away with the one that feels best. I'm not sure of any other places nearer but I am sure somebody will be able to help if there is.

Comment

They generally regarded as decent cues?

Comment

They should have a lot of cues to choose from and bear in mind if you visit it does not matter so much if you walk away with a 100 or 200 pound upwards cue, if it feels like the right cue for you then thats all that matters. If you don't know what spec cue suits you best it might be best to go somewhere like craftsman where you can try a variety of specifications.

Comment

Sounds good advice.

Thanks again mate.

Comment

Also try Martin Chesworth in Sheefield, he has a table and a **** load of Mike Wooldridge cues, really good handmade cues you should have a go with!!

Comment

Cheers Matt looks like I might be visiting Yorkshire at some point.

Comment

You could try Green Baize in Teeside, which is closer. He has loads of cues and it's part of a Snooker & Pool centre. He has a website Green baize.com and stocks cues from a few top makes.

Comment

Didn't mention stu as i couldnt remember if he had a practice table. He stocks some of the top cues as well as a range of cues from thailand which are suposed to be good.
                          http://www.greenbaize.com/gbl.htm

Comment

Good stuff lads I might make Scotland yet.

Comment

Ye, it's at Thornaby snooker centre in Stockton-on-Tees. or at least it was when I went a few years ago. Had a bash with quite a few cues and came away with a Mastercue

Comment

Working...
                              X