Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Hprse MYX Design cues.

Hey, im From Australia

Dark Horse MYX cues are popping up here n there throughout Victoria Australia.

Anyways managed to get my hand on one for $140 AUD which is around... 70GBP. asked around about it n no one had anything bad to say...

do u guys know anything about these cues?

From what i've heard and read on the Forum they are basically a Chinese company which sells these and it is entirely on luck whether you get a good cue or a nasty one as there are varied comments on these cues .

Hope you get a good one though you might have better off with a craftsman victor - http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...ssic_cues.html

Anyway welcome to TSF . hope you enjoy it .

Comment

Now who came up with that name? It already sounds like a cheap chinese broom handle. Quality wise... well don't expect anything.

Ok, it might play well, if you're lucky, as my umbrella might play well once I get that tip on. But then, also a Wooldridge won't play wonders if it doesn't match your preferences in cue specification.

It might come with a not too bad shaft that runs through your bridge well, but will warp like a pig's tail in no time. Or it might not.

Or, if it's varnished, it's less likely to warp that fast, but will play terribe - get the wire wool ready.

Named 'Dark horse DESIGN cue', I'd expect it to be a beautiful broom stick at least. Splices carefully painted, smoothly groomed mane.

Chinese cue rant over

Comment

Very true, but I didnt want to spoil the poor guy's mood before he even got it . Knox you ought to have asked the members here before taking the plunge

Comment

I think the brand name makes perfect sense as they know you wouldn't keep it long, so just call it my-x before you even own one.

Comment

Ha Ha :lol:

Comment

lol hahaah . really funny

Comment

I think that people on this forum are way to caught up in having a really expensive (and therefore good, in their opinion) cue, to the point where they think that having a good cue is almost a substitute for practice. An expensive cue will not necessarily give you a good game, this can only be achieved through hard work. I have played with a Jimmy White pool cue for the past 3 years, and I have had centuries with it. A few months ago, I bought one of these cues off eBay, and I couldn't be happier with it (40 quid including case and extensions).

Comment

Originally Posted by sh1234 View Post
                  I think that people on this forum are way to caught up in having a really expensive (and therefore good, in their opinion) cue, to the point where they think that having a good cue is almost a substitute for practice. An expensive cue will not necessarily give you a good game, this can only be achieved through hard work. I have played with a Jimmy White pool cue for the past 3 years, and I have had centuries with it. A few months ago, I bought one of these cues off eBay, and I couldn't be happier with it (40 quid including case and extensions).
                  Good to know it works for you . its just a matter of luck with these cues you might get a good one but you can get a bad one as well

Comment

I think its more about being able to appreciate a good cue as a work of art and master craftmanship rather than just a tool to play snooker.

Comment

Originally Posted by Marlboro View Post
                      I think its more about being able to appreciate a good cue as a work of art and master craftmanship rather than just a tool to play snooker.
                      I understand what you are saying, cues can be works of art. However, some people on this forum seem to be set in their ways of thinking that high standards are impossible without an expensive cue.

Comment

I think thats a little harsh. Of course in many clubs around England you'll find people knocking in centuries with rubbish riley cues they bought from Argos.
                        But certainly getting a decent cue can improve standard in my opinion.
                        the specs are the most important thing really, anywhere out of "standard" specs you usually won't get with the cheaper cues.
                        With these chinese cues off ebay I have seen some really really bad ones though, and this is the risk you take when buying such things.
                        Personally I have a chinese cue I quite like and felt the only thing holding me back was the spec (it being 2.5 inches shorter than my "proper" cue being the main one). But apart from that I felt my talent (or lack thereof) was the only thing holding me back.
                        However I did notice an increase in form moving from my cheapo varnished cue i got from a sports shop.

So heres my personal conlusion, if you are just after a playing cue, and can get to a shop, don't be swayed to much by prices. If you can try the cue out and it feels right then go for it.
                        However buying online there is a certain quality control that can be lacking from some ofthe lower end cues.

Dont know if any of that made sense... I'm too tired for proper sentences
                        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

mike wooldridge 'BLACK SHEEP' cues - coming soon near you
                          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

I'll give you a fiver!
                            sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

I understand what you are saying, cues can be works of art. However, some people on this forum seem to be set in their ways of thinking that high standards are impossible without an expensive cue.
                              Hello sh1234...

By way of agreement with you, let me observe that the greatest brain surgeon in the world could probably perform surgery with a spoon just as ROS could probably thrash us both using a broomstick.

It might not be pretty though.

I haven't ever heard anyone on this forum assert that a Trevor White or a Mike Wooldridge or a Will Hunt etc turned them from club ball pecker into an exquisite potting pro. Ever.

But I for one do appreciate fine craftsmanship and a gift for making a well-balanced tool whether I can afford one or not.

=o)

Noel
                              Last edited by noel; 14 June 2009, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X