No announcement yet.

Dark Hprse MYX Design cues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Phillip in China buy one and give us a review, please?
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

umm okay ill do some when i get bored =]

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
        Can Phillip in China buy one and give us a review, please?
        Are you "taking the P1ss" pqj?

Comment

Well a Dark Horse cue would appear to be like this; http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LUCKY-DARK-HO...QQcmdZViewItem

Lol shiney

Comment

blah blah blah...A good cue will be always with a good lock, just as a hero always comes with a beauty.... The lock can save your treasured time when you are in an important competition.....blah blah blah

This makes me want to buy the cue. I need a beauty and I need to save "treasured" time...
            Last edited by poolqjunkie; 9 January 2010, 12:23 PM.
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Myx cues

Yes, it is still straight, my son has had it for around 5 months. I think that if you store any cue in a cold and damp enviroment it will eventually warp, so look after it and it will serve you well

Comment

It can be kept longer, smooth and easier if you rub some butter on it.
                ?!?!?!?!!!

Comment

I bought 5 or 6 of these cues last year when they were about $100.00 Canadian. The cases are flimsy (the handles pop off quite easily), the splices are uneven and some of the butts are painted but for the money they are a good value. I sold one to a guy who just had his John Parris stolen and he likes it better than his JP. Another friend prefers it to his Mastercue. They are heavy cues and you have to change the tip but for the money (even at the current prices of 130-170 Canadian) they are still good vaue.

Comment

Originally Posted by lk8 View Post
                    ?!?!?!?!!!
                    They always say that, dark horse jx loads of them on ebay advocate rubbing butter onto the joint... Please don't do that lol!
                    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

they are cheaper in nz, but i haven't try them
                      http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Snoo...-263846897.htm

Comment

Reading this thread i can't help but see the "snooker snobbery" as someone put it. Don't know why but in snooker it seems that lots of players believe a cue will make them better and a bad cue will make them play bad. A cue is a cue. Give an amazing cue to **** player, he will be ****. Give a **** cue to an amazing player, he'll play amazing

Comment

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
                          Reading this thread i can't help but see the "snooker snobbery" as someone put it. Don't know why but in snooker it seems that lots of players believe a cue will make them better and a bad cue will make them play bad. A cue is a cue. Give an amazing cue to **** player, he will be ****. Give a **** cue to an amazing player, he'll play amazing
                          absolutely hit the tiniest nail right on the head with a very big hammer.

i for one have a JX cue and actually prefer it over JP, cuecraft, mastercue etc... (of what i have tried) nicwely balanced quite well made has statyed straight since i got it, and even other players at my club like it more than thier own more expensive cues when i have let them use it....

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                            absolutely hit the tiniest nail right on the head with a very big hammer.

i for one have a JX cue and actually prefer it over JP, cuecraft, mastercue etc... (of what i have tried) nicwely balanced quite well made has statyed straight since i got it, and even other players at my club like it more than thier own more expensive cues when i have let them use it....
                            I have the opposite experience. My JX cue, bought from an ebay store months ago needed reworks on the splices and butt end. But once reworks were finished it was given to a new kid player, the cue gave him a good start. Just recently that the shaft end warped, but after we made it straight, it's back to the kid's quality games again. So, i think JX cues can be a 'yes' or 'no' to somebody, but not all. Mine was a 'no' while the kid is a 'yes'
                            It's in the Shaft

Comment

i like to think of my cue the same way i think of my love rocket, a work of art

Comment

I personally would not call everyone who dismisses this cue a snob.

The way I look at it if someone can sell these cues for under 50GBP with a case and two extensions, he obviously can make money off this price. Which means the cue is only worth may be 10 GBP or so?

For a manufacturer to make a cue and sell it for 10GBP and make money, the cue would cost him less than 10GBP to make, including all the material--what kind of material and quality should one expect for such a cue?

I am not being snobbish, just realistic.
                                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                                X