Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cue specs.

Originally Posted by jin View Post
    Hi, after a week of searching, trying and measuring I have come down to this specification for my new cue.
    length: 53.25 inches
    weight: 17.25oz
    tip: 9.5mm
    wood: Ash

Some people told me the cue is very short and light. But I'm only 167 cm in length. My current cue is a standard cue with 522 grams (probably 18.5 oz) as weight and I find it very heavy because, I think, I hold the cue about 10 cm from the butt and most of the weight of my cue is in the butt of the cue.
    So what do you guys think, is 17.25 oz too light for a 53.25" cue?

thanks advance
    the weight is perfect i have made over 2000 centurys and have never played with a cue heavier than 17 ounch . a heavier cue will not give u any more power, it will only affect your touch . i would say do not go any heavier than 17 and half ounce . i would be more worried about lenght of cue it seems a little short i would go for 55inch or 56 inch if i was you . a 56 inch and 17 ounce cue would be perfect for you

Comment

Originally Posted by jin View Post
      Hi, after a week of searching, trying and measuring I have come down to this specification for my new cue.
      length: 53.25 inches
      weight: 17.25oz
      tip: 9.5mm
      wood: Ash

Some people told me the cue is very short and light. But I'm only 167 cm in length. My current cue is a standard cue with 522 grams (probably 18.5 oz) as weight and I find it very heavy because, I think, I hold the cue about 10 cm from the butt and most of the weight of my cue is in the butt of the cue.
      So what do you guys think, is 17.25 oz too light for a 53.25" cue?

thanks advance
      I am 172 cms. My coach let me try several length/weight, and after playing each cue with some 5-7 frames, here is my specs since : 56.5 in., 9.5-10mm., 17-18 oz., 28mm butt. But still I can use +/- specs. Trying multiple specs would be best, but you need to play each with enough frames. I have one friend who plays very good, using too long/too heavy cue for his body specs. He's familiar and used to playing with this cue for years, so he keeps it. Out of any theory. Hope this helps
      It's in the Shaft

Comment

Working...
      X