market research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by andyt1992 View Post
    My 57 incher is too small only reaches my nipple definately need the extra five inches to feel comfy when cueing and so it is closer to my shoulder.

Just read through my post this sounds dirty when you read through it.
    get a coach to fix your grip, stance and bridge. nobody needs such a long cue. it's not important whether it reaches your sholder or your nipple, it's important how you can play with it. despite all the people around these days saying that we should play with longer cues.

sticking with a shorter one is more reasonabl anyway: more cues available, easier to get, no need for extra order, less whippy, easier to sell...

*rant over*

Comment

• Originally Posted by trigger666 View Post
      how tall are you ??? ......... 62" is very long im 6.2" and 57.5-58" is fine
      I'm just under 6.6" and i cant stand my 57" cue. I suppose a 60" or 61" would be fine but i was playing it safe by an inch.
      I'm being coached by reg davies who has coached many professionals and he advised on getting a longer cue. if you think about it an extra 5 inches is only about 12.5cm which is just about the width of my hand.
      Last edited by andyt1992; 15 July 2009, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• I know how much 5 inches are - what I didn't know was that you must have extraordinary long arms then - or prefer a stance with fully extended bridge arm, which is ok if you like it.

If your bridge is of a normal, comfortable length, and you cueing under-arm is absolutely vertical in the address position and you still think 58/59 is too short, then of course an even longer cue is worth considering, if your coach also thinks so. Just wanted to make sure you won't go for an odd-specced cue without knowing what you're doing.

fine with that

Comment

• Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
          I know how much 5 inches are
          Didn't mean to be patronising there mate was just thinkin that when i hear 5 inches it seems a lot but if I hear 10 cms and think about it its nothing.

Comment

Didn't mean to be patronising there mate was just thinkin that when i hear 5 inches it seems a lot but if I hear 10 cms and think about it its nothing.
            Yeah thats true

Comment

didn't feel offended, no problem mate

btw, 10cm sound shorter than 5 inches, yes. mostly because 10cm ARE less than 5 inches

Comment

• Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
                didn't feel offended, no problem mate

btw, 10cm sound shorter than 5 inches, yes. mostly because 10cm ARE less than 5 inches
                HA lmao i ment 12.5 was still half asleep at that time.

Comment

I'm just under 6.6" and i cant stand my 57" cue. I suppose a 60" or 61" would be fine but i was playing it safe by an inch.
                  I'm being coached by reg davies who has coached many professionals and he advised on getting a longer cue. if you think about it an extra 5 inches is only about 12.5cm which is just about the width of my hand.
                  An inch can feel like a mile on a cue, so be a little careful on that one.

I made a 61" cue for a guy who was 6' 10" tall. He tried it for about two weeks and wanted to have it shrotened back to 58". I told him to stick with it for a while to give it a good go, and he eventually left it as it was, even though he said he could have used it at least an inch shorter.

At 6'6" tall, I'd have thought 59" to 60 max would do you, but each to their own I guess.

Anyway, back on track with the thread, this is going off topic a bit.

Comment

• 1) Butt jointed 16"
                    2) ash
                    3) plain Rosewood
                    4) length: 57.5"
                    5) tip size: 9 mm - 9.2 mm
                    6) weight: 17 oz
                    7) butt size: 29 mm
                    :snooker:
                    Last edited by nideKer; 16 October 2009, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Did you even come up with any conclusions from this Mike?
                      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

• yes, there is no call for two pau rosa extensions...
                        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                          yes, there is no call for two pau rosa extensions...
                          I think theres at least one person that wants them
                          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

• 1) 1pc
                            2) maple
                            3) macassar butt
                            4) 57
                            5) 8.5
                            6) 17
                            7) 28.5

Comment

• 1) butt join,
                              2) ash
                              3) ebony cocobola red burrwood spliced butt with a manchester united badge hand spliced into it too
                              4) 57 inches
                              5) 9.3mm
                              6) 18.5 /19
                              7) 27.943

also matching ebony minibutt + fitted case

Comment

• Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                                1) butt join,
                                2) ash
                                3) ebony cocobola red burrwood spliced butt with a manchester united badge hand spliced into it too
                                4) 57 inches
                                5) 9.3mm
                                6) 18.5 /19
                                7) 27.943

also matching ebony minibutt + fitted case
                                i feel sick would be much more tastefull with a liver bird on the front
                                http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

Working...
                                X