What Would It Cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would It Cost?

Hello, I bought a custom cue a while back and when it arrived the splices had starting to lift. I am not making any headway with the company to have the cue fixed. From the few responses, to my many emails that I have received, he is unwilling to absorb the shipping costs. I read on here that people have sent their cues to other makers to have splices put on or changed. I am wondering what an approximate cost would be to have this job done?

Also the cue maker is not a member of this group. From what I can tell, had I bought from someone on here, their customer service and product would have been better, live and learn.

Mike

Mike I am guessing that you purchased this form the UK yeah?

Name and Shame them mate, post up the name of the company and copies of the emails you have sent and their replies, I am sure that they do not want any bad publicity and will resolve matters to your satisfaction.

Eventhough you are outside of the UK and have made a purchase form a UK company, that company still has to abide by UK law and as far as I can see they have supplied a substandard product which they should either fuly refund or replace at their cost.

Post some pictures up too if you have any.

Comment

Hi Mike...
      I agree with Kev...
      I have seen your cue and knowing the story and your incredible patience in dealing with them even before the damned thing arrived... do it.
      Post pics and communications... I'm sure there are others here who have dealt with them and can offer helpful advice.
      Fortunately you have a great Parris playing cue so you can followup on this
      without sacrificing your game.
      Your efforts may also help others in the future Mike!

Cheers mate!

=o)

Noel

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post

Name and Shame them mate, post up the name of the company and copies of the emails you have sent and their replies, I am sure that they do not want any bad publicity and will resolve matters to your satisfaction.

Eventhough you are outside of the UK and have made a purchase form a UK company, that company still has to abide by UK law and as far as I can see they have supplied a substandard product which they should either fuly refund or replace at their cost.

yeah but they dont have to pay for the shipping unfortunately.

Comment

where did you buy the cue from ?

Comment

This splice lifting you mention, this can happen to any make of cue. Beleive me, we have repaired all makes of cues and any slight movment in the wood usually due to temperature change or where the cue has been stored. IN most cases the splice has moved but not lifted which means the fine edge of teh splice you can feel can actually be sanded out.
            Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post

Kevin

No it was not purchased in the UK, but glad to hear the laws pertaining to my issue. I was hoping to resolve the problem long before now. Obviously my tip toeing around the problem is not working. I am hoping to get an estimate for the repair, so that I could have the person add this to my existing credit with him. I am not certain how my card was charged too much, but I will let the blame fall on me, I am the owner of the card. After the way this transaction has gone, I am not confident that returning the cue for repairs, is the route I should take. I will more than likely just use my credit, then I will inform and warn others. The irony is that I probably will be stuck with ordering another cue(to use up the credit) and hope for the best.

Mike

Comment

Noel,

I do not want to burn any bridges as of yet, but will fill everyone in once I am squared away with them credit wise. As you know, some of the correspondences have been comical. I will drop you a PM later today.

Mike

Comment

Originally Posted by craftsman cues View Post
                  This splice lifting you mention, this can happen to any make of cue. Beleive me, we have repaired all makes of cues and any slight movment in the wood usually due to temperature change or where the cue has been stored. IN most cases the splice has moved but not lifted which means the fine edge of teh splice you can feel can actually be sanded out.
                  Hope this helps.
                  I have tinkered with wood and understand how different humidity and temperature can cause wood to shift. My issue is more to due with the handling of the problem. What kind of cost would someone be faced with if it needed to be repaired? It is a one piece cue with the first splice(olive wood) next to the ebony that is the problem.

Thanks for the advice, when all is said and done I will give the sanding a try.

Mike

Comment

Originally Posted by Shanghai Matt View Post
                    yeah but they dont have to pay for the shipping unfortunately.
                    I own a business and know that mistakes happen. How you resolve them, is what makes your business and its reputation. If I or one of my employees makes a mistake, accepting a loss to cure it, is a small price to pay in the long run.

Mike

Comment

I dug up this old post of mine, thinking I should at least finish the story. I have not had much time for the net, so apologise, it is an old issue by now.

In late August I received the cue after the repairs had been made. The cue in question was from Master Cue. They did cover all repairs and about 80% of the shipping. I am not certain if others have had any issues with this company. Coming to a solution and corresponding with them was like pulling teeth. I guess that in the end I should be glad. I received the cue repaired and did not have to cover 100% of the shipping. With my credit, I purchased another cue (one small flaw, easy to fit) from them, which I will post pictures of in another thread.

Mike

Comment

Glad it's been sorted mate. Whatever any maker says, if the splices move that much without any evidence of damage to the packaging then it's definitely on them.

Apart from how the cue plays, It shouldn't be a gamble on the customer's part. If things sometimes go wrong with a product those losses (inculding postage because these guys make a lot from international orders) should be incorporated into the makers prices.
                        Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

I agree, the quality of the product should not be a gamble, unless of course you are buying from an unknown company. From what I have read about MC they are reputable and do put out a good product. I do like the feel of both of the cues I have purchased from them. Perhaps some of my problem is the owner wearing too many hats. Like I said earlier, everyone make mistakes. How you cure them is what tends to be remembered most.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                          X