Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new cue - O'min custom Classic

Hi everyone,

Finally got round to snapping some pics of my new cue. Well just got it back today after sending it to my local club for re-tipping (I'm hopeless with a file) and ended up getting some nasty marks on my butt and shaft Nothing major, and I'll probably sort it out later by sending it to a cuemaker to get it refinished and all. As such, it's not in the state it arrived in, but thought I'd share them nonetheless. Pictured with it is the Unique leatherette case which looks really nice and solid, good bargain too!

Specs:
    3/4 Ash with 3 facing chevrons and ebony butt.
    57.5" length
    17.5 oz weight
    9.6mm tip size
    Butt joint at 16", balancing point at 17"
    Attached Files

last but not least, the name plate (which I actually quite fancy after seeing it in person) Actually there is some grain pattern near the flat of the ebony butt which seems to get lighter and lighter (if that makes any sense). Is this normal? Will take pics again later.
    Attached Files

Comment

nice and simple eh. that badge too flashy for me though. how much was the case and where did you get it?

Comment

Heya,

Yea I had my reservations about the badge as well, and in fact was posting earlier prior to the cue arriving if it were possible to de-badge it. However, after seeing the cue in person it's not all too bad. Having said that, I'd still prefer a round logo badge but I'm not gonna fuss with it atm. The case was purchased from www.uniquecues.com (there is a english version of the site). Cost me £110 including postage from HK to UK, which I thought was a good deal.

Was searching for cases like that, but the leather ones (including Peradon) are usually in the range of £140-150. Would give an arm and leg for a Cheddar Classic aniline (tan brown colour) case but costs way too much for the cue I have The unique logo is embossed into the leatherette case, and it feels very sturdy and nothing moves in the case when it's all fastened up. The case took about 3-4 days to arrive after payment, which is pretty fast. Hope that helps

edit: while I'm at it, may I ask if I brought the cue to a cue-maker to be refinished (and oiled) will it retain it's glossy look after play? I know it's purely cosmetic, but just really want to keep my cue in a nice condition. Just applied a coat of linseed oil to the cue (looked a bit dry to me) and hopefully it turns out well.
        Last edited by kcohentan; 13 June 2009, 06:28 PM.

Comment

very nice ive had one before bloody lovely to use sold it to a mate for £80 inc both extensions and alu case which he then sold to another for £50 gutted ...
          wish i never sold it would have saved myself a small fortune lol
          http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

£110 for a leatherette case!?!?! GEEZ!!.. you can find some for much cheaper than that and just as good if not better!!

Comment

How much is 2,300 "Remenbi" in pounds sterling ? Was looking at an O'min Climax cue

I thought the currency in Thailand was Bahts ?

Comment

Cues are from Thailand, the dealer is from China. Stephen Li. so you are dealing with chinese currency. Currency over there is also known as chinese yuan.

Your looking at just afew decimals below £205GBP

Comment

pffft really thai_son? I thought that was a good price, as I couldn't find anything cheaper in the UK (which has the Cheddar Classics type of look). Could you throw me a link somewhere so I can see what I missed out? Might be too late for me now, but my mate could use a bargain (he's a Scot! Ok I better go hide before ADR147 skewers me with one of his many cues).

edit: Sorry I keep forgetting to say everything at once. Yea Thai_Son is correct Mr O, Stephen is located in HK, but same difference Very helpful guy in the email correspondences I've had with him.

I bought this cue from OriginalOmin website, based in Malaysia (higher postage costs) and run by this top bloke called JH Leong. Was eminently helpful with any newbie questions I had and when I ordered this cue he had five made with the same specs and chose the best one for me. He's got a great involvement in snooker, apparently he made a cue recently as well for Mike Russell and his late brother JC was the national coach of M'sia. I speak as a very satisfied customer and it was a genuine pleasure dealing with him as he specializes in O'min cues. Just thought I'd share this with everyone
                  Last edited by kcohentan; 13 June 2009, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                    Cues are from Thailand, the dealer is from China. Stephen Li. so you are dealing with chinese currency. Currency over there is also known as chinese yuan.

Your looking at just afew decimals below £205GBP

Ok thanks for the info

Comment

check adr's ebay shop. he has that cue craft leatherette going for £57.99 plus £11 postage.

thats a good deal. to be honest, many leatherette cases just arent worth what they are going for. I say if you have your £110 budget, you should have gone for leather.

Or asked around. You could get a peradon one. Stuart from greenbaize offered me £135 for an all black leather including postage.

Now if you asked ADR he could've beaten that price for you as he has Peradon a/c.

always ask around.

Comment

Yep thx for the heads up, will make sure I do so in future I did see that leatherette case you mention on ADR's ebay shop but if memory serves it was a one-piece case?

Comment

yes. in the last few days he started supplying 3/4 ones. literaly identical to your case. i requested him to get some as at the time i wanted one. a little late but hes got them in now.

the one pieces are £31?

Comment

Nice looking cue, a pity about the scratches though, hopefully they turn out better once you get it fixed.

How many chevrons were you expecting?

I can't wait for my cue to come in now, I think its another three weeks, I'll do likewise and post pics up of it.

Comment

Working...
                            X