No announcement yet.

My new cue - O'min custom Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the machine spliced cue in this pic was one I picked out when I visited Omin factory in minburi with Unclevit. heres the story behind it. I tested many cues there and I picked out a champion machine spliced one piece(not the cue seen here). After I had the champion cue sent for alterations I noticed this really old weathered cue standing outside his office on one of the racks. It was discoloured and had a worn out Omin badge. But it was staright as an arrow and had a tip on it. when I tested it it played better than any cue I had played with till then. Then problem was it had a small crack on the bevelled edge and when I asked Omin about this cue he told me he would sell it to me but when I pointed out the crack he said that he cannot fixe the crack but he proposes to remove it and add a splice that is now on the cue. he also added an sd joint and he refurbished it for me to bring it to this condition(almost good as new except for one small nick that shows). The total cost 1000 thai baht. Less than 18 pounds. The champion cue cost about 50% more. Cant remember excatly but I think about 1500 baht. The beautiful thing about all of this is that I sold the champion cue since arriving back home for more than the price of the two cues I purchased from Omin and I also have my two UT beauties with me. am very happy with the omin even though it is machine spliced and not ebony butt. Specs are as follows

balance 17 inches from butt end
    9.5 mm tip and about 17 ounces in weight
    57 inches long.

Balance is trully excellent on this cue and it was so easy to play with. Omin has quite a few old cues on the rack outside his office. Try one before buying the others as some of these cues are excellent. I just chose this one as it was what I was looking for.

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
      the machine spliced cue in this pic was one I picked out when I visited Omin factory in minburi with Unclevit. heres the story behind it. I tested many cues there and I picked out a champion machine spliced one piece(not the cue seen here). After I had the champion cue sent for alterations I noticed this really old weathered cue standing outside his office on one of the racks. It was discoloured and had a worn out Omin badge. But it was staright as an arrow and had a tip on it. when I tested it it played better than any cue I had played with till then. Then problem was it had a small crack on the bevelled edge and when I asked Omin about this cue he told me he would sell it to me but when I pointed out the crack he said that he cannot fixe the crack but he proposes to remove it and add a splice that is now on the cue. he also added an sd joint and he refurbished it for me to bring it to this condition(almost good as new except for one small nick that shows). The total cost 1000 thai baht. Less than 18 pounds. The champion cue cost about 50% more. Cant remember excatly but I think about 1500 baht. The beautiful thing about all of this is that I sold the champion cue since arriving back home for more than the price of the two cues I purchased from Omin and I also have my two UT beauties with me. am very happy with the omin even though it is machine spliced and not ebony butt. Specs are as follows

balance 17 inches from butt end
      9.5 mm tip and about 17 ounces in weight
      57 inches long.

Balance is trully excellent on this cue and it was so easy to play with. Omin has quite a few old cues on the rack outside his office. Try one before buying the others as some of these cues are excellent. I just chose this one as it was what I was looking for.
      Yes, the costs of the old and machined cues were correct. You were there so you had a good chance to test those ready-made cues, and picked the ones you like. BTW, I went there today, and saw a buyer from the Middle East selected many machine made cues, as well as some hi-ends. He bought everything in big bags - 50 pouches, dozen of telescopics, chamois, cases, hundred of cue tips, and as well placed many custom orders. Omin's Cues and accessories are selling more $ next year.
      It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
        Yes, the costs of the old and machined cues were correct. You were there so you had a good chance to test those ready-made cues, and picked the ones you like. BTW, I went there today, and saw a buyer from the Middle East selected many machine made cues, as well as some hi-ends. He bought everything in big bags - 50 pouches, dozen of telescopics, chamois, cases, hundred of cue tips, and as well placed many custom orders. Omin's Cues and accessories are selling more $ next year.
        That Mid-East guy is surely will be making great sells+profits back in his country
        My cueing sucks

Comment

Originally Posted by brendan147 View Post
          That Mid-East guy is surely will be making great sells+profits back in his country
          Those cues are sold higher in prices (mostly with 4 butt splices in exotic woods, burl, etc.). Customs are all hi-ends. But I heard that he will be making a very good profit, though
          It's in the Shaft

Comment

Those cues are sold higher in prices (mostly with 4 butt splices in exotic woods, burl, etc.). Customs are all hi-ends. But I heard that he will be making a very good profit, though
            Afterall, he flew across so many countries to get those things...with Omin's reputation, he will make profit...
            My cueing sucks

Comment

Sawasdee, krub. Thought I'd pop-in and introduce myself since I'm also Thai and like snooker.

Talking about going to the shop and browsing through those cues, I do envy you and others who are able to do so. As, I'm not in Thailand anymore and are not going there anytime soon (typing with a sad face).

Anyway, I'm about to order one from O'min which might take a while. Will post some photos in the picture thread once I got it. Cheers.

Patrick

Comment

Originally Posted by PT66 View Post
                Sawasdee, krub. Thought I'd pop-in and introduce myself since I'm also Thai and like snooker.

Talking about going to the shop and browsing through those cues, I do envy you and others who are able to do so. As, I'm not in Thailand anymore and are not going there anytime soon (typing with a sad face).

Anyway, I'm about to order one from O'min which might take a while. Will post some photos in the picture thread once I got it. Cheers.

Patrick
                Sawasdee Krub Khun Patrick : Welcome. If you have not yet ordered any cue from Omin, I will give you his phone number so that you can call and discuss your order with him directly (he will talk long with you in Thai ). PM me if you interest. BTW, what town are you staying in NZ
                It's in the Shaft

Comment

Sawasdee Krub Khun Patrick : Welcome. If you have not yet ordered any cue from Omin, I will give you his phone number so that you can call and discuss your order with him directly (he will talk long with you in Thai ). PM me if you interest. BTW, what town are you staying in NZ
                  Wait...Omin will call me if I ask him to do so?
                  My cueing sucks

Comment

Very nice to meet you, krub, Khun Uncle Vit. I live in Auckland. I called P'O a couple of days ago. We didn't talk that long since he's recovering from a fever, but I'll give him another call and order my first cue then. By the way, I'm interested in Uncle Thai cues also. Would you happen to know where I can find some more info on these cues? Thank you.

PS. Is it because of my status: newbie? I can't seem to find the PM function. Was gonna send you one. Oh, well...

Comment

Very nice to meet you, krub, Khun Uncle Vit. I live in Auckland. I called P'O a couple of days ago. We didn't talk that long since he's recovering from a fever, but I'll give him another call and order my first cue then. By the way, I'm interested in Uncle Thai cues also. Would you happen to know where I can find some more info on these cues? Thank you.

PS. Is it because of my status: newbie? I can't seem to find the PM function. Was gonna send you one. Oh, well...
                      Yep, Omin is quite sick these days. Working too long hours each day. In this case, you should ask to talk to his sisters - อุ๊ or อ๊น (I hope you have thai fonts to read their names) and mention my name so that they will select the best ash and butt woods for your project. Otherwise, you'll get good woods only, and not Selected Class. Normal price. Would be better to let me know before you calls, so that I can let them know first who's calling. There are many persons these days that will call them and use my name to get discount, which they won't. But if Omin knows you before, then it's another case. Good Luck
                      It's in the Shaft

Comment

Yep, Omin is quite sick these days. Working too long hours each day. In this case, you should ask to talk to his sisters - อุ๊ or อ๊น (I hope you have thai fonts to read their names) and mention my name so that they will select the best ash and butt woods for your project. Otherwise, you'll get good woods only, and not Selected Class. Normal price. Would be better to let me know before you calls, so that I can let them know first who's calling. There are many persons these days that will call them and use my name to get discount, which they won't. But if Omin knows you before, then it's another case. Good Luck
                        Thank you very much, krub. Would you mind continue the conversation via E-mail? Here's mine: ain_thard2find(at)hotmail(dot)com.

Sorry original poster for using your post as a messaging board.

Comment

Thank you very much, krub. Would you mind continue the conversation via E-mail? Here's mine: ain_thard2find(at)hotmail(dot)com.

Sorry original poster for using your post as a messaging board.
                          PT66 : OK. You can pm me or use my email at suvitc at gmail dot com BTW, I have been to Christchurch a couple of times, but never been to Auckland. I like woods and lakes more than buildings and modern areas
                          It's in the Shaft

Comment

Hi UncleVit,
                            Just recieved the cues today.
                            Looks really nice. Went for a couple of games today, enjoy the cue too
                            Its a beauty.. I will learn well with the cue.
                            Thank you UncleVit:snooker:
                            Happy potting~ (Ya, William sent his regards to you too~ He's overjoy... haha)
                            Hi Ho The Merry Yo, The Black Went In The Hole~ :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Fisherboi View Post
                              Hi UncleVit,
                              So, both cues took 5 days to get there Sorry. After 2 weeks of waiting, I am glad you get what you want. Nice, and good playing cues. They're maker's specials. I really like the butt pieces, and the shafts
                              It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by Fisherboi View Post
                                Hi UncleVit,
                                Congrats...

Can you attach some pics of your cue here so we also can have a look at it?
                                Thanks.
                                My cueing sucks

Comment

Working...
                                X