No announcement yet.

Is Parris Cues for real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to both roll and sight down each of the splices.

If the cue is machine tapered it should in theory be perfectly conical (unless programmed for some other taper) and therefore roll straight on the table.

But hand planed shafts tend to be slightly thicker than conical, especially the modern Parris cues I've seen, so it's more useful to just sight carefully down the shaft.
    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

soryy dunns cues are mass produced in china they buy them for around £28 sterling and sell them on as enghlish ash cues for around £150 i know i bougtht one and it was posted from china they made the mistake of leaving the purchase order in side so people dont be conned they are not enghlish ash cues at all

Comment

Originally Posted by sbsnooker View Post
        soryy dunns cues are mass produced in china they buy them for around £28 sterling and sell them on as enghlish ash cues for around £150 i know i bougtht one and it was posted from china they made the mistake of leaving the purchase order in side so people dont be conned they are not enghlish ash cues at all
        If u have such proof, this is possible. Why? I have seen a few chinese cues that have very good quality, up to professional use. Don't know about the durability of the shaft. This is a shocking news to me
        It's in the Shaft

Comment

a cue is a cue wherever it was made. its country of origin and maker should not be important - a good cue is a good cue but i must say so far i have never seen a good cue that was not from either the uk or thailand.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            a cue is a cue wherever it was made. its country of origin and maker should not be important - a good cue is a good cue but i must say so far i have never seen a good cue that was not from either the uk or thailand.

I have in my collection, good cues from Germany (Eurowest, Arthur Cue), Italy (Longoni), France (TC Cues), BCN (Spain), USA (McDermott and others), Taiwan (Fury and KF cues and many others) etc etc etc
            All are fantastic quality works of art :snooker:

Comment

thats pool cues.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

thats pool cues.
                Two of them are pool cues

Comment

Originally Posted by stan-mullin View Post
                  I have in my collection, good cues from Germany (Eurowest, Arthur Cue), Italy (Longoni), France (TC Cues), BCN (Spain), USA (McDermott and others), Taiwan (Fury and KF cues and many others) etc etc etc
                  All are fantastic quality works of art :snooker:
                  Picture of your Arthur to share?
                  I like TC cues, Thierry makes a nice solid cue. Is Vincent Facquet still playing with his cue?
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

thats pool cues.
                    Yes, that's pool cues
                    It's in the Shaft

Comment

I'm surprised to hear you say that ADR (and I know you are the man when it comes to cues). Did you ever try a Tom Gauthier cue? He was a Canadian cue maker, his cues are a pricey collectors item over here, he made very nice cues, though I have no idea if they'd meet you exacting standards, but many of the old school Canadian players used his cues (Thorburn still uses one). I'd be interested in your opinion of these cues.
                      sigpic

Comment

there is this cuemaker in mumbai by the name nagee,i have got a few cues made fro him, he is aperfectionist.the finish and craftsmanship is on par with any other cuemaker in the world.he is cheap too charges about 100-120 pounds for a beautiful hand spliced cue.
                        RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

Originally Posted by khizzy View Post
                          there is this cuemaker in mumbai by the name nagee,i have got a few cues made fro him, he is aperfectionist.the finish and craftsmanship is on par with any other cuemaker in the world.he is cheap too charges about 100-120 pounds for a beautiful hand spliced cue.
                          if hes as good why go for a UK cue maker?

Comment

Hi,

I got words from my frd who is real close to a certain cuemaker in Thailand that some of John Parris is done in his workshop then ship back to UK to be re-badge under JP.

Just like to ask around if this is true... Cos i saw a JP traditional replica from the same Thailand factory and it cost only a fraction of what JP listed on its website.

Can anyone out there provide any light to what i have said?

Comment

Is JP made in Thailand or UK?

Hi,

I got words from my frd who is real close to a certain cuemaker in Thailand that some of John Parris is done in his workshop then ship back to UK to be re-badge under JP.

Just like to ask around if this is true... Cos i saw a JP traditional replica from the same Thailand factory and it cost only a fraction of what JP listed on its website.

Comment

Originally Posted by willytan View Post
                                Hi,

Well, can't say much but.....
                                It's in the Shaft

Comment

Working...
                                X