Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snooker Cue Joints (Cuemakers look in particular)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Cue Joints (Cuemakers look in particular)

Why is it that in 3/4 cue in most companies cues have such a joint that the mini-butt cannot be jointed to the shaft of the cue . I only know that Mike Wooldridge and Peradon do this . Why is it that other cue-makers have not started doing this ? It really helps if the mini-butt joins in the shaft when you are playing in your home table and are just cramped by 3 or 4 inches less space . I had to buy a new short cue for my table because the Mastercue I bought didn't have this option .

Surely it is not more expensive to have a female joint in the shaft such that the mini-butt can join , Its only an added benefit which helps when playing pool or when you are just a little short in snooker / billiards room .I'm sure all you people would agree that such a joint is rather useful

So why is it that all cue-makers have started using this system ? Is there any reason or is it just that they couldn't be bothered ? I mean this won't cause any problems or it wouldn't give proper cueing would it , especially if MW uses it

thanks for sharing anything that you may feel . let us know if you agree or not
    :snooker:

just request it. the craftsman cue im using has this option. and ive also got one of adr's cues. has the same option.

Comment

OK , but Trevor White , Mastercue , Mastercraft , many others do not have this which can be a little pain . So i was wondering why isn't the option a standard in cues ?

Comment

i have no idea

Comment

green baize do aswell

Comment

As do Welsh Pool Trading, and my cheap chinese cue as well.

I agree its useful and I'm quite handy with a very short cue...
            sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
              As do Welsh Pool Trading, and my cheap chinese cue as well.

I agree its useful and I'm quite handy with a very short cue...
              LOL, yeah i know some companies do it , but i thought why not EVERYONE ?

Comment

Most older cue makers only look at Snooker cues, and a short cue was never really needed..
                Plus they don't really like selling to poor pool players

I have used the same joint in our cues from day one as I designed cues for Pool Players rather than Snooker.
                Hence ny Mini butt can be used as a short butt and also as an extension

Some makers even put the male joint in the shaft, that's just stupid.....
                But they are stuck in their old ways and I guess that's how they like it..

Plus they don't allow for easy screwing of your cue together when drunk,,,
                Parris and Cue craft are terrible after 10 pints...
                Last edited by BITTER; 19 June 2009, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
                  Most older cue makers only look at Snooker cues, and a short cue was never really needed..
                  Plus they don't really like selling to poor pool players

I have used the same joint in our cues from day one as I designed cues for Pool Players rather than Snooker.
                  Hence ny Mini butt can be used as a short butt and also as an extension

Some makers even put the male joint in the shaft, that's just stupid.....
                  But they are stuck in their old ways and I guess that's how they like it
                  Very thoughtful of you to have this kind of joint . A shorter cue is at times needed if you have little space in your snooker/billiards room at home .

The Mastercue i'm using has a male joint in the shaft which is of no use as such

Comment

Working...
                  X