different types of ash wood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi nukihz!

hohoho so here's where you got to know willy... i remembered you were saying your "dunns" cue is ordered from thailand (sorry if i remember wrongly)? but some say dunns is from UK? anyone to help clarify this?
    John Lim

Targets to beat: -line up 63, 78 (Nov 2012)- -practice match 67 (Nov 2012)- -competition 33 (Oct 2011)-

Comment

Originally Posted by renniwevarb View Post
      Hi nukihz!

hohoho so here's where you got to know willy... i remembered you were saying your "dunns" cue is ordered from thailand (sorry if i remember wrongly)? but some say dunns is from UK? anyone to help clarify this?
      It does not bother to me now, to where the Dunns cue is made from, why ? Dunns cue is offering a sales, around P.55 for 3/4 at the moment. Must be good enough as they have sold quite plenty in the past. Myself never tried anyone of them. I think the best cue for me is the one that fits me and makes me play better. Beauty is just cosmetics
      It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by renniwevarb View Post
        Hi nukihz!

renniwevarb : Perhaps I can explain... pm me if you wish...
        It's in the Shaft

Comment

hello. yup, I did a research on Dunns Cue before I bought it. There were a few comments saying its actually China-made and etc.

Decided to still go ahead after strong recommendations from one of the guys in another forum.

Verdict: the cue feels quite wierd. Some of the older-timers say that the wood is relatively young and not matured. Not sure how tat will affect the feel though.

I'm still considering if I should get a custom 1pc Omin or Mastercue.
          I roughly know what specs I want except for the cue tip. Am still looking to try a smaller one (maybe 9mm) to see if i want to custom that

Comment

Hi,

Relatively young wood tends to wrap easilier if not properly stored.
            As for the feeling, it will be not as stiff in compared to ur Omin cue.

FYI-9mm cue tip is quite small to be playing snooker. U tend to miscue the position u wanna hit on the cue ball, put sides unknowingly.

That is what i felt abt, maybe u can adapt to it.
            It is best to try out the varieties so that you can find out what really suits u best.

Comment

I am sure for the price of 50 pounds it offers great value. Of course, it will not realistic to expect top shelf quality but from the pictures on the web site, they look quite decent in my opinion.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
              X