Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that you are quite right dp

Comment

My 2 cents worth. No matter what the weight of the cue power transferred to the cueball is, as Wimm stated, the acceleration through the cueball and it a player hits maximum acceleration just before the tip strikes and then continues at maximum until his hand hits his chest that is the ideal stroke for medium paced shots and above.

But given the argument here, I would think if everything is the same and the one or two ounces of extra weight doesn't slow a player's acceleration down at all, then the heavier cue should impart more power to the cueball. Question is, would it be significant enough to be measured? Not sure, but probably. Anyone have a snooker robot and a table to check this out.

I think weight is totally a personal preference thing and players should attempt to try out cues with different weight and perhaps different butt and tip sizes to see what they prefer.

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I play with 17-17.5 oz. Like to feel the vibration down the shaft when tip meets cueball
        It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by dpdubai View Post
          Again I know this is personal preference but why do you go for the weight of cue you go for?

I use a peradon thats around 19oz had it for years and never thought as much about it since joining this forum, part of me says that the heavier the cue the more cue power your likely to have but then i remember from physics that speed x mass equals power, so basically the more speed the better which would be to the advantage of the lighter cue.

Do you find it easier to cue straighter with a heavy cue?
          Or do you prefer your nimble light and accurate cue?
          Speed X Mass = Power. Theory that my Snooker & Golf Instructors been telling me all the times. And it's true
          It's in the Shaft

Comment

When I went to school kinetic energy used to be mass x (velocity squared) but that was a long time ago. Maybe the laws of physics have changed. It did mean that a small increase in velocity gave you a much larger increase in energy. I think the main thing is to get a cue with which you are comfortable and use that. One that "feels right".
            王可

Comment

Working...
            X